July 12, 2015

Sunday - Hot and sunny

A good day.

I woke up this morning before I had to get up and just before F came home.  I really should have gotten up earlier and taken my shower but I didn’t.  F asked if he could take a quick one and since I was still in bed, couldn’t really say,”Nope, me first!” I took a quick shower, got dressed and then we were on our way to Yuza.

Today we met up with my friend and her son in Sakata and another blogger and her son for lunch.  We had lunch with kireikireikirei, the writer of “We Speak Japanese and English”.  We had a great time, and enjoyed some good food and conversation.  Sadly, a train had to be caught and our party members had to go our separate ways.  

I begged and pleaded with F (not really, I just asked!) to go to Starbucks in Sakata, so we went for a nice beverage.  Today I had a hojicha latte with soy milk, he had a frappuchino.  He complains about them there and says they aren’t cold enough.  While we were at the coffee shop, F told me that tomorrow is Obon in our city and his mother had visitors coming.  Then an odd expression came over his face.  He thought he might have left some squid tempura in the car this morning instead of giving it to his mother.  When we got out to the car, he looked but couldn’t see anything.  Then I looked.  There was a bag of shopping in the back.  Today the temperature was 32℃ so I wasn’t sure that anything was still edible.  F swore that it was.  Instead of going to the mall for shopping, we went back to Tsuruoka.  He dropped me off at home and then dropped off the bag at his house.  I hope that no one eats that food, but…

When F came back, we decided to go and see a movie in Mikawa and do some shopping.  We drove back to Mikawa and I did some shopping for my niece and then for me.  I didn’t really expect to get anything, but I found a couple of things that I liked.  We put them in the car and then went to the movie theater.

We went to see Terminator Genisys and quite enjoyed ourselves.  I had fun, and so did F.  There were some interesting ideas but somehow it wasn’t quite as scary as the original The Terminator.

After the movie, I did a little more shopping and then we had a quick dinner at Cocos.  I had a California taco salad, F had a vinegary chicken and vegetable rice dish.  It looked good, but I didn’t want too much.  He did give me some of his chicken though.

We came back to Tsuruoka and the grocery store.  I told him as we went in that I wasn’t going to cook for him over the next couple of days.  I bought myself some chicken, some salad and that’s about it!  I will probably have a salad tomorrow night with grilled chicken or something.  It’s all I really want.  

We had a fairly decent evening at home.  I did more crochet while I watched Project Runway and started another colour.  This second blanket is going well so far.  I do get a little worried in case it doesn’t stay that way, but I hope it will.  

And that was my day.  It was quite good and we got a lot done.  Tomorrow I hope to go out and get a few little presents for my niece and then I’ll be able to wrap up the present and get it sent off to her.  If you come back later you’ll be able to find out what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….


wespeakjapaneseandenglish said...

We had fun! I want to see that Terminator movie!!!!

Helen said...

It's not bad actually. I had a lot of fun at it. I would say that this Kyle Reese is a bit of a disappointment after Michael Biehn in the first one and Anton Yelchin in one of the other ones, but, Arnie is quite good as Arnie!

Thanks again for meeting up with us. We enjoyed it too.

Crafty Tokyo Mama said...

Isn't it exciting meeting a bloggy friend in person? I imagine you all had a great chat together. Wish I could have been there too!

Helen said...

You never know, maybe another convention?

It was great meeting a bloggy friend! We did have a good chat, the kids got on well, and F was busy taking lots of pictures!

Thanks for visiting!