July 28, 2015

Tuesday - Rainy and hot and humid!

A good day.

I got up really early this morning, early enough to watch the BBC in America broadcast on TV.  Of course, I fell asleep during the infomercial after it, but never mind.  I watched my show and after it found In Her Shoes, so I had some breakfast and watched the end of it before I worked out.  I even had a little visit from F before the movie finished.

I did a couple of shorter workouts today and when I was doing the first one realized that I had a problem.  My big toe was sore.  I stopped the video, went to the bathroom and took a look.  I had a long and fine splinter in my toe and it was hurting.  I pulled it out and I was fine.  I went back to my workout.  Yay me.  

I had a quiet day.  I did a couple of loads of laundry, and I even had lunch earlier than usual. I scanned my postcards and then took them to the mailbox around 6 pm.  I couldn’t get them done earlier.  It was nice to get out of the house, even if it was only for a couple of minutes!

When I came back, I started to set up the kitchen for dinner.  I was doing dishes when F called to say he was on his way.  Tonight I did boiled potatoes, baked chicken, and salad with orange tomatoes. It was all quite nice really.  F came to the table in an almost goodly fashion, and we had a nice meal.  He did the dishes tonight which I was glad about.

At 10 pm he went off to bed and I went to the couch for Grey’s Anatomy and a bit of end darning.   I got all the ends done up until now.  I did a tiny bit of crochet too, just enough to get the yarn out on the square. 

And really that was mostly my night.  I spent a bit of time on my computer as usual.  I’m trying to co-ordinate a visit to a museum in Niigata next month, but one person can’t come when the many of the other people can.  I’m really trying to include her, but having looked at finances, I can’t really make a separate trip to go with her and then with the others.  Sigh.  I’m not sure if the others will go if I don’t go, since it was my idea.  Damn and blast anyway.  I have to go and see my lovely Pre-Raphaelites while they’re so close.  


Anyway, I must be off.  Tomorrow F is off work and we have to go to City Hall.  As long as we don’t have to fight City Hall, I’m fine with that!  Got to go.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: