July 4, 2015

Saturday - Cloudy and muggy

A good day.

I got up this morning and took a shower.  I had finished and was eating my breakfast when F came home.  I was surprised he was quite early today!

We went for lunch to the farm restaurant that F likes so much.  Today, we just had one entree instead of two, but it was enough.  We did add on dessert though.  It was good.

After lunch we went to an eyeglasses shop.  They fixed my glasses…for free…and F had an eye test and ordered a new pair of glasses for himself.  His present specs are almost falling apart.  

We came home for a few brief moments and then went to another eyeglass place.  F thought that they were going to be very cheap so he wanted some spare glasses.  He did order some, but he went with really cheap frames so I’m afraid that they won’t last as long as they should. So, he had two eye tests today!

When we finished there, we went home.  F dropped me off and went to take care of his dog.  

He came back home just before 5 and we headed out to the mall.  I was thinking that the theater would be crowded, so I suggested getting our tickets first and then having a quick dinner.  Dinner tonight was in a pasta restaurant and it was nice.  I had pasta with tuna and grated daikon in a lemony sauce.  

We went back up to the theater after our meal, got some popcorn and then went to see Avengers: Age of Ultron.  I really enjoyed it, but then again, I was quite sure I would!  It’s my sort of thing.  F liked it too, which did surprise me a bit.  

After the movie, we did a little shopping in the mall. It was supposed to be for my niece, but ended up being for me!  Then, we went over to Don Quijote for a few minutes.  I wanted some granola, and F got some snack foods.  

We drove home and a little later I watched CSI and did a little crochet.  I have done 4 and a bit medium squares.  I’m quite excited about using my leftover yarn to make another blanket! 

F just watched a war movie so I put on my headphones and am listening to some music.  I don’t do war movies.   I’m not sure what it is about them…maybe because they are too realistic for me?  I like escapism dammit!


For tomorrow, I have no idea what we’ll get up to.  If you come back later, you might find out!  Until tomorrow….

No comments: