August 1, 2015

Saturday - Hot and sunny, cloudy later on

A good and busy day!

I got up this morning at my usual time and after a little while took my shower.  I got dressed and waited for F for a bit.  He was home before I thought he would be, so yay.

He wanted to have lunch at his “Farmer’s Restaurant” so I said it was fine.  However, when we got there, there was quite a bit of parking available, but the most telling thing was the kanji on the sign at the gate.  I didn’t recognize it.  I told F, and he went and checked it.  Sure enough, it was closed for a special event today.  We drove back into Tsuruoka and decided to go to Cafe Soco Garden in Voice.  We drove up close to them, only to discover that it is either closed or in the midst of major renovations.  Oh no!  

We ended up having a quite nice lunch at Junior Paper Moon, which was in the Voice complex too.  It’s generally a pasta restaurant, but today we both had rice dishes.  I had chicken and mushrooms in a creamy wasabi-ish sauce over rice and F had chicken, salad and rice.  Both of our dishes were nice.  Unfortunately, mine had quite a bit of raw onion on it which I gave to Fumihiko!  

We made a stop by the station to buy my train tickets for next week, but discovered that since I was buying special tickets, I needed to go to the special office, so please come back on Monday when they are open.  Argh! F was in there on Friday night….I should have got him to get me the tickets then.  Sigh.  

We came home and I flossed, used mouthwash and brushed my teeth before going to the dentist.  We were in her office for an hour and a half.  Some of that was in the waiting room, but I was waiting in the dentist chair too.  I had a new X-ray taken, a quick examination and then half of a cleaning.  I have to go back in a couple of weeks for the rest of it.  I’m not sure if there are cavities or not, I think they’re going to check after my cleaning.

F and I decided to have a drink at Doutors so we went in and got our drinks.  I was sitting down when an ex-student of mine excitedly called my name and came over to see me.  I’ve missed her a lot and was worried since I hadn’t heard from her since I closed my school.  We caught up a bit and she’s had a tough time of things and of course been extremely busy.  I’m hoping that she’ll keep in touch, and that we meet up for tea or a meal sometime.  I’m not sure if she will, she rarely came to the classes that we scheduled!

F had talked to his mother before our tea/coffee break and she wanted to go to the doctor.  So, he dropped me off at home and took her to the doctor and walked his dog too. 

When F came back, I twisted his arm and made him take me out to Mikawa Shopping Centre.  I took 3 pairs of yoga pants into the dressmaking shop to have them shortened.  I had considered taking other pants too, but they weren’t just too long, they were much too baggy to consider it.  I tried them all on, had them measured and paid too.  I did have a quick look at the craft department, but almost all of the yarn is gone.  It was so depressing.  It’s really the only reason I go to that section and soon I probably won’t bother.  

I was getting quite hungry after all of this, so F and I decided to go for yakiniku back in Tsuruoka.  We went to a restaurant and had a pretty good meal of mostly meat and vegetables.  At the end I discovered that a discount ticket I have for another place would work there AND I could get points on my card too, since they are restaurants in the same organization.  Yay!

After all of this, we came home and relaxed.  I did more crocheting and watched a couple of TV programmes.  We’re now watching synchronized swimming…but really I think we’re heading to bed soon.  

Not sure what is on the schedule for tomorrow, but come on back and you can see what we get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: