September 17, 2015

Thursday - Cloudy and rainy

A bit of a mixed bag day.

I got up early this morning and stayed up. Yay!  However, I was watching telly and had just got up from the couch when I heard a smash behind me.  I had knocked my cup off the coffee table and onto the floor.  It broke into many pieces.  I’m quite saddened by that as F bought me the cup a few years ago.  It was probably hand made.  The top wasn’t level, which drove me crazy for months because I’d forever be spilling my tea when I walked with it.  Anyway, it’s gone, my lovely blue mug and I am mourning it.  Its departure from this place did allow me to get out a new mug that I got for my birthday from my sister and her family.  It is a white china cup with the slogan “You can take the girl out of Kirriemuir, but you can’t take Kirriemuir out of the girl” on the outside and a small Scottish flag on the inside of the cup.  Kirriemuir is the Scottish town that we lived in for 3 years when I was young.  

I also tried to burn some cds with my computer.  It’s the first time I have tried doing that, but it looks like iTunes may have messed up the order.  I have to try them in a regular cd player soon.  It was frustrating as I had done two cds.

I did work on laundry and also packing this afternoon.  I have my one big suitcase mostly packed and I weighed myself and the suitcase and got F to weigh himself and the suitcase later on and we were both close to the same total, so I might be safe!  I do have a few things to slip in the case yet though.  

I cooked dinner tonight and tried two new recipes.  One was great.  I made Roasted Squash with Cinnamon and Nutmeg using my leftover kabocha.  The other one was a Pinterest Fail.  Sigh.  I thought it sounded yummy, Sweet and Spicy Baked Honey Sriracha Chicken, so I made it.  The first part, breading and baking the chicken was fiddly but okay, and the chicken looked great.  However, the sauce…oh dear.  Maybe I didn’t get the balance of the ingredients quite right as I was in a hurry, but the chicken was so spicy we could barely eat it.  F even got out a happoshu (light beer) to drink with it.  I really should have tasted the sauce while I was making it, but I was in a hurry to finish up.

Also, since my oven is small and my tray is small, I had to bake the chicken in two batches, which put everything behind a bit.  

The evening was quiet.  I thought that it was Friday, so I was trying to watch a show that wasn’t on tonight!  It quite surprised me when I realized it was only Thursday!  I did manage to do a bit of crochet though, and F did the census for us tonight.  I think he has to do it for his mother too.  


I’m going to try and get as much done tomorrow as I possibly can for my trip.  I’ll have F at home for the next few days as we’re starting “Silver Week” and when he’s around I don’t have much luck with getting stuff done! Come back later and find out what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: