October 26, 2015

Monday - Cloudy and cool

A good day.

I overslept this morning, the first time in ages!  I think it was because I slept until 8ish and then decided to sleep a little longer.  I got up, watched House, had tea and vegged for a bit.  

I couldn’t get motivated to move this morning so finally it was around 12 when I started my workout.   Of course, F decided to come home for lunch today. Sigh.  He mocked me a bit, but it was funny really.  When my workout was over I chatted a bit to him.

I had a quiet day at home.  I was supposed to be working on my column but instead watched some of the TV from my holiday.  I did think of a few movies to cover, however, I haven’t quite decided on my topic yet!  I have a choice of two…

I took a very late shower, but enjoyed it.  I decided to start working on the kitchen before F came home, but he came home soon after I did that.  I cooked dinner tonight and it went quite well.  We had baked salmon in foil packets with onions and shimeji mushrooms, spinach salad with hard boiled eggs, and garlicky stir-fried broccolini.  It was nice.

After we ate, F whipped the cream and I got out the raspberries.  We had raspberries and cream, so yummy.  I haven’t had raspberries in years so it was lovely to have them again.

F did the dishes and I worked on the column ideas.  Later on, F took a nap on the couch and I watched the memorial service for my former boss at college.  It was really good and quite heart-warming.  I didn’t know everyone there, but I did know a few of the people there.  


And that’s it for my day.  I’m not sure what tomorrow will be like.  F isn’t working tomorrow.  He may use the day to get his phone fixed, or to go to the doctor, I’m not sure.  Come back later and find out what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: