November 28, 2015

Saturday - Cloudy and Rainy

An okay day.

This morning I overslept a bit, but it was hard not to.  F got up blooming early and sat in the living room with his computer on.  I got up for a minute or two, then went back to bed, closing the door behind me.  I didn’t hear anything for a couple of hours, and as I know there wasn’t anything to watch early on Saturday, I went stayed in bed.  

When I got up, the first thing F did was ask if I wanted tea, and then he asked how soon I’d be ready to go to the doctor’s office.  Neither question impressed me much, although the tea one was a good try.  I was barely awake, and not ready to go.  He kept droning on about how the doctor’s office was only open in the morning until 1:00pm.  To my mind, that was plenty of time, it’s not like we had to drive to another city or anything to get there.

I took a shower, had breakfast and then was ready to leave around 11:15.  See, no big deal.  Still lots of time.  We drove over there and both put our cards in to see the doctor.  I got my iPhone out to read a book on my iBook app and I got told off by my husband, who pointed out the sign on the wall that said to turn off all cell phones.  Well, actually, I had put it on Airplane mode before I’d even come in the clinic, so in my mind I had turned it off.  It’s not like anyone would ever phone me while I was there!  I think Airplane Mode = Off for all intents and purposes, right?  Anyway, he was so angry with me that he got up and moved to another area of the clinic.  

He did come in to see the doctor with me and translated for me, but I thought he was being childish. I’m sure he thinks the same of me.

We were both seen by the doctor, not the usual guy, but a female doctor for a change.  She prescribed some medicines and off we went to get them.  

After waiting for our drugs we went for lunch.  I’m not sure if F had actually forgiven me yet, but he spent most of his time over lunch on his iPhone.  I ate really quickly and was done before him. Mind you, I didn’t have two bowls of rice!

We came home for a bit via the drugstore to pick up more tissues for me.  We vegged for a bit at home, and F watched Tennis on the TV.  

We decided since we were feeling better to go to see Spectre in the evening at Mikawa.  We left home around 6 and got to the mall quickly.  We had a quick dinner in one of the restaurants at the mall. Mine was nice, F didn't like his as usual.  

We bought our tickets first and after we paid for them and had walked away, realized that the guy had given us the “senior” rate for them!  Oops.  We’re not quite there yet.  We didn’t ask for the rate after all….

I wanted to do a little shopping for my sister and my nephew, but ended up finding something for my nephew and my friend.  Still, I’m okay with that.  

We went to see Spectre, the new James Bond movie and we both enjoyed it.  I thought it was fun, although not the best of the Craig Bond movies.  

After the movie, we made a quick stop at Don Quiote for some granola and apparently, beer.  After that, we came home.  F stayed up for a while then went to bed, I’m still up obviously.  But, not for long!

No idea what we’re going to get up to tomorrow.  Come back and find out.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: