November 29, 2015

Sunday - Rainy, drizzly, cooler.

An okay day.

I went to bed quite late last night, so I slept in this morning on purpose. I woke up a minute before my alarm went off! How’s that for cool? I got up and F and I talked about going out for lunch and then finally did go out for lunch.

Today we had lunch at the Daiichi Hotel. He wanted to go to the Chinese restaurant upstairs. I didn’t really, but said it was okay. When we go there, it was closed, so we went to the regular one on the ground floor. Yes! I had chicken confit which was okay, and F had Sawara (fish) which he said was good.  We had salad, soup, dessert and tea with it which was nice too.  I had asked for the tea to be with milk, but the waitress brought tea for lemon, so she had to take it back again. I felt a bit sorry about it, but I did ask earlier.

We came home after lunch and ended up falling in bed and sleeping.  We had planned to do that.  I got up around 6 pm and stayed up, F slept on until almost 8pm. I woke him up and asked about dinner. 

We went to the Chinese restaurant near our apartment. I don’t like it that much, but F does, so what the hey.  I had a stir-fry of chicken and a woody mushroom plus rice, soup and pickles.  It was quite nice, or maybe I just couldn’t taste it because I was plugged up! During dinner I brought up getting Netflicks over New Year because of the crappy television on at that time of year. Unfortunately, F said that he wanted to watch regular TV so we had a few words about that. I wasn’t very happy with him and thought about walking to the grocery store without him, but didn’t.  

We went to the grocery store and I bought stuff to make pulled chicken in the crockpot tomorrow.  I asked him if I should buy a new cabbage as I was worried about the half cabbage in the fridge that I’ve been planning to cook for the last couple of weeks.  He’s been sick so I didn’t want to make stuff just for me.  Turns out that he has been eating part of it.  Great.  

We came home and he asked if he should make bread.  I said it was fine, but I’d likely make buns in the afternoon so he said he wouldn’t.  Then he asked about going to the Internet Cafe.  Earlier we had talked about it.  However, it was now 9:25pm and he has to work tomorrow.  I asked how long he wanted to go for, he said 3 hours. I said it was too late, he had to work in the morning.  This went on for a bit and then I just announced that I was going to watch my show (Foyle’s War) and did so.  When it was over I turned off the TV and F got up and asked me if I’d go now to the Internet Cafe.  So I did.

We went for almost two hours and it was okay. We each got massaging chairs. I really needed mine as my back has been bad since I came back from Akita. I have no idea why. I did a little crochet, a little reading and a little watching of TV. I drank some chamomile tea and some soda water and that was it. F enjoyed it too. 

We were much friendlier when we came home. I sort of wish we hadn’t gone, but really I don’t care all that much. I don’t have to work tomorrow. I also decided not to make my own buns, I’ll use tortillas.  We have a pack that are getting near the expiry date, so no worries on that score. 

So that was my day. I had hoped to do some postcrossing or some writing up of Christmas Cards, but I didn’t do any of that. I did get lots of rest and hopefully will feel even better tomorrow.

Come back in a bit and find out how my Monday goes. Until tomorrow….

No comments: