November 8, 2015

Sunday - Rainy

A good, productive day.

I got up this morning around 11.  F was at home, I’m not sure if he’d been out or not.  Maybe he had.  We had some tea and some of his brioche that he made in the bread maker.  It was very nice.  

He suggested lunch at the airport.  He had told me that the restaurant there had a cheap lunch after 1:00 pm since most of their business took place before then.  It was fine with me, so off we went.

We got there and discovered that no, they didn’t have a cheap lunch on Sundays. It might still be on during the week, we don’t know!  We stayed anyway and had tonkatsu.  It was great.

After lunch, we went to the mall for a few minutes while F used a bank machine.  I stayed in the car and read a recipe book on my phone.  

We went to a tire shop next, where F really surprised me by buying tires.  He hasn’t paid for them yet, but will tomorrow or the next day.  

I suggested going to S-Mall to see if the bus station office was open today.  I didn’t expect that it would be, but it was.  Yay!  I was able to buy my bus tickets for next month.  Hurray, hurray.

We stopped at Doutors for a drink.  Today I had orzo and F had a coffee.  The clerk gave me a special holder for my card today too, so I was quite happy!  

We came home for a bit and relaxed.  We had a bit of a nap and then I suggested going for dinner before it got too late.  F asked if we could go to Komagi Spa and I said it was fine, but suggested calling to see how late the buffet was open.  I’m not a fan of the other food, and I thought the buffet would be over soon.  He wouldn’t phone, and so we drove over there.  Of course, sad to say, I was right. We arrived at 7:30 and the buffet would be over at 8:00 pm.  Since it is quite expensive, we decided not to go there tonight.  In the car, F suggested Simon, so that’s where we ended up.  

Simon wasn’t too busy, so we could have a table.  We both had fish tonight.  The meat was pork and we’d had that for lunch, plus for me, it had a tomato sauce so I didn’t want that.  The fish was very nice and so was the rest of the meal.  They do a lot of salads and a clear mushroom soup that is quite nice.  I had bread instead of rice and it was a nice crusty bun.  

We went to the grocery store to get a few things for dinner for the next few days and for my breakfast.  I didn’t have to buy many vegetables as we had a fridge full of them!  I got a couple of salads for the next day or two.  

We came home and watched a bit of TV.  F was hogging the couch as usual so I decided to roast the kabocha that F’s mother had given us.  I’m planning to make soup tomorrow with it.  While it was in the oven, I got out my sister’s birthday presents and wrapped them so I can send them out tomorrow.  I have to do it quickly, her birthday is only a week away!

Also tonight, Predators with Adrian Brody was on TV, so of course I had to watch that.  Yes, I have the DVD, but so what!  

So, I’m off to bed in a few minutes.  I feel like I actually got quite a bit done today.  Yay me.  Come back anon and see what else I cook up!  Until tomorrow….

No comments: