December 22, 2015

Tuesday - Cloudy, but not much rain.

A good day!

I got up to an empty apartment as usual, watched my show, fell asleep on another, worked out before 12 and then F didn’t even show up.  Actually, I was rather relieved not to see him. My day passed rather quietly.  

I made a quick trip to the post office to post some postcards.  I didn’t go in today, just threw them in the mailbox and came back home.  Then, I decided to get ready for our big event tonight.  

I showered and then started to get dressed a bit.  When F came home I was fussing with my makeup and my hair.  He seemed in a good mood and was in a hurry to get changed too. 

We looked rather spiffy when we were both dressed.  F wore his black suit, and I wore a black dress with a sparkly bodice and jacket.  Unfortunately, my dress was a bit too big for me, so I had to re-think my undergarments as they were showing at the top.  It still looked good.  I’m wondering about having the dress taken in for me, but I might leave it for now.  I managed to burn myself with my curling iron on the forehead.  Ouch.  That really hurt.  

We called a taxi and went over to the Grand El Sun.  We were greeted there by the lady that helped us at our wedding, so she showed us to our table, and explained a few things to us.

We needn't have dressed up quite as fancy as we did, but we certainly didn’t look out of place.  Some people were in dresses and suits, others were very casual.  It was quite a casual buffet.  The alcohol was flowing and the food wasn’t bad.  They had a lot of Japanese and Chinese offerings, but also roasted turkey (that we had to hack at ourselves with a table knife!) and some roast beef.  I was happy to have some of the cheese and crackers, as well as some paella and other things.  

I drank a bit tonight. I started with a non-alcohol cocktail, but then had some mulled wine, then some cider and finally F brought me over some local sake! Quite a bit then.  He had a few beers and a glass of wine.  He was the one that got the cider but he didn’t like it.  I finished it for him because I didn’t mind it.

After the party we just came home and changed out of our fancy clothes.  Unfortunately we didn’t get a picture of us all dressed up.  That’s the problem of being a couple, there’s no one to take our picture!

We had quite a friendly night here together.  I’m not sure why. Anyway, I have no idea what we’re going to get up to tomorrow.  I hope it is a good day.  Fingers crossed.  Come back later and find out. Until tomorrow….

No comments: