January 12, 2016

Tuesday - A bit of snow on the ground.

Was a good day, until F came home.

I woke up early and then made the decision to go back to sleep.  I was really tired and it was cold.  When I got up finally, I had to refill the heater and then I spilled the kerosene so that was a lovely start to the morning.  Luckily I had newspapers spread under the tank so it was easy to clean up.  

I had a quiet morning.  I was half expecting F to come home for lunch, so I started my cooking then.  I started the slow cooker with the great stock I made last week, cut up the veggies and finally the chicken, put some herbs in it and let it do it’s magic.

I scanned some cards and took them to the post office.  I hadn’t done a proper workout, so I needed to get out of the apartment and stretch my legs.  I made good time, I bought some new stamps and more old ones and then walked home again.

At home again, I took a quick shower and then watched the news that I’d taped. I heard the mail arrive and checked it.  I got 12 Postcrossing Cards, 1 postcard from a friend, 1 Christmas Card and two mailings from organizations I belong to.  Good gravy.  Did the post office forget to deliver my mail over the holidays?  I think so! I did dishes and generally made the table presentable.  F called to say he was on the way home after going to his mother’s.  

When F came home, instead of greeting me, or doing anything normal, went into the kitchen.  I asked him what he was doing and he said he was going to cook the daikon we had in the fridge.  I asked him why, since there was soup.  He said it would be a second dish.  I said I didn’t think we needed it and that was it.  He was Mr. Crankypants again, refused to eat with me and heated up the kettle for himself.  He had two packs of instant noodles and a beer.  

He grumped around the apartment for a while, fell asleep on the couch but has since woken up.  He’s over there playing on his computer and being angry, but pretending not to be.  I’m the one who is really angry with him.  

I had a couple of bowls of my soup and it was really good.  I needed something else with it so I had some bread and cream cheese, and later on made myself some oatmeal.  A lot of oatmeal!

We’ve talked to each other, but not about what is going on as usual.  This can’t keep happening. I am not willing to put up with it much longer. I asked him if he was going to make bread for tomorrow for the sandwiches we were supposed to have with our soup and he said no.  I think that means he isn’t having soup either, so I will buy some bread when I’m out tomorrow. 

Oh, I’m going out tomorrow with a friend.  Not sure if it’ll be for coffee/tea or lunch, but it’ll be nice to see a friendly face for a change.

That’s about it for me for today.  I have a couple of things to look forward too in the near future…a trip to Sendai next month and hopefully a trip to Ibaraki in May.  Come back later and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

Oh, I completely forgot to write about David Bowie's death.  We found out about it here yesterday. It was shocking.  I wasn't a huge fan of his, but I do know how influential he was to the music business. If I'm honest, I enjoyed some of his movies, and adored him as The Goblin King in Labyrinth. He'll be missed.

No comments: