January 28, 2016

Thursday - Rainy

A good day.

I got up this morning just before my time and came through to the living room. I had to refill the kerosene heater, but after that I was able to relax and watch my show.  I had breakfast, today I made oatmeal which was yummy, and then I had some tea too.

I snoozed a bit today, I didn’t mean to, it just happened.  I did some laundry and didn’t get around to my workout until the afternoon.  I did do one however, and I enjoyed it a lot. 

I put away some of my clothes in the closet and got a few other things out.  I picked out more seasonally appropriate ones!  I also got out an outfit for next week and sorted out some winter camisole type things which I put in the wash. 

I know it was late, but I finally set up my slow cooker to cook the roast for dinner.  We were having pulled pork, but the roast was tiny in comparison to the one on the spice packet!  I knew it would cook quickly, so I didn’t put it in too early.

I had a very small lunch around 5 pm and then started working on dinner dishes.  I made some coleslaw and started preparing the rapini that F had brought home a couple of days ago.  It was a bit wilted, but I thought I could work with it.  I followed a recipe from Canadian Living and got the vegetable done up to the blanching and shocking in cold water bit.  I drained it, cut it into pieces and set it aside until F came home.

He was quite late tonight, and arrived around 7:30, almost 8 pm.  We ate quite soon afterwards and had a good meal.  The rapini was a big hit.  The recipe uses garlic and hot pepper flakes and was quite good, even if I say so myself.  We both enjoyed the pulled pork and I have some leftovers for lunch tomorrow.  Yum.  

We settled in for a quiet evening.  I watched Bones and did some crochet that seems to be going well.  F had his bath and went to bed fairly early again.  I know he’s quite tired.  


That’s about it for me.  I’m tired too.  Tomorrow I have to work on my women’s group stuff for a bit and then I hope to do more preparation for my trip next week.  Wish me luck with that!  Come back in a bit and find out about my day.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: