January 4, 2016

Monday - Rainy

A busy day.

I got up a little later than I planned this morning and felt like I was playing catch up the rest of the day.

I did have my morning on the couch again, but breakfast was later than I planned.  It was still good. I watched a bit of telly and thought about working out, but decided to do it later, which of course became never.  Around 12 I started to put the roast together and then of course F came home, so I had to work around him in my kitchen.  

After he left, I finished up the slow cooker prep and then had a bit of time on the internet.  I was busy.  I hoped to go out, but the weather was really bad so decided not to.  

I started working on dinner around 5 I think.  I peeled potatoes, scraped carrots, and put things together for dinner.  It took a while. Tonight I made boiled potatoes, hard cooked eggs for a spinach salad, and made something called carrots with butter-dill sauce.  We had all of that with the pork roast from Costco and some onion that I’d roasted in with the meat.  I made gravy too.  It was all very nice, at least I thought so.  F complained the meat was too greasy, but it’s pork, so what do you expect? I liked it.  

F did the dishes and we settled in for a bit of a quiet night.  I watched Gossip Girl, made tea and had a bit of crochet time, so that was nice.  After my show we watched the end of a movie and then a bit of A Million Ways to Die in the West, but it was so bad I asked F to put on something else.  He chose a weird show about ramen, but it was still better than the movie!

Tomorrow night F has a party so won’t be having dinner with me.  I’ll enjoy my leftovers alone.  


Come back later and find out how my Tuesday goes.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: