February 10, 2016

Wednesday - Cold but clear

A good day.

I got up this morning, refilled the kerosene heater.  I toughed it out today, no going back to bed until it warmed up! I watched some TV, had breakfast and tea.  F popped in for a few minutes and said he’d come back for lunch.

I did a few things this afternoon.  I did a load of laundry, then hung it up, I had my lunch and cooked the rest of the pancake batter.  Some of it was for my lunch, some was for later.  I did a workout, although not as long as I planned.  My foot was bothering me too much.  

I did my computer stuff and also scanned my cards.  I ran them off to the post office after 5 pm. I just left the apartment and F called to say he was leaving work.  When he heard where I was going he offered to pick me up and drive me, but I refused!  It was only a few minutes away and I wanted the exercise, and to get out of the apartment.  It was cold and windy though.  Brrr.

I came home and started working on dinner.  I put away the griddle from lunchtime, scrubbed some potatoes and set them to boil, then rinsed the lettuce, set it to drain.  I put the chicken in a bag and poured on the lemon pepper mix, coated it and put it in the fridge to marinate a bit. In other words, I got ready for F to come home and have dinner.  He was a bit late tonight as he had to go to the car shop…there’s a bit of a problem with a headlight. 

When he came home, we were able to have dinner quite quickly, and it was good!  We had some fresh raspberries afterwards, F had a pancake with it, I had a little yogurt.  Very yummy! 

F did the dishes and we had a quiet evening in.  I went over to the couch at 10 for the CSI:Cyber. It was okay.  I did a bit of crochet, I should do some more.  My runner is nearly 1 meter long now!  Yay me.  


And that’s about it for today.  Tomorrow is a national holiday so F is off work.  I’m not sure what we’ll get up to, but I’ll be sure and let you know.  Come back later and find out.  Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: