February 20, 2016

Saturday - Rainy

A good day.

I got up rather late this morning.  I had woken up early and made the fatal mistake of going back to bed.  I woke up about 2 hours later.  F was sitting in the living room with watching TV, but had the volume down low.  

I took a shower and then made some tea and we had some fruit cake for breakfast, because why not?  We decided to go out for lunch and f suggested going to Bistrot Des Pointes.  I made him call to see if they were open, and they were.  Woot.  

We drove out to Mikawa and had a fabulous lunch.  I had trout and F had steak.  Our meals came with kabocha soup, bread or rice, coffee or tea and dessert.  It was all wonderful.  

We drove back into Tsuruoka and went to the glasses shop.  I had my eyes tested again and apparently they are the same.  I feel like they are worse, but what do I know.  F and I spent a while and finally picked out a pair of glasses for me.  They are plain, with plastic frames.  The woman suggested them because I usually wear my glasses on a cord around my neck.  She thinks they’ll last longer, plus the parts can be replaced easily.  I just hope that I wear them.  One thing that was cool was I got to take the test by reading the katakana.  I can read it, but no one believes me!

F dropped me off at home for a bit and he went to check on his mother.  She was fine, so he came back to the apartment and after a few minutes, we went out.  

We drove first to the post office to see if I could get my package, but it wasn’t back there yet.  Then, we drove on to the theater and went to the bakery.  We grabbed a piece of pear tart each and I also got a package of meringues.  We went back to the theater lobby and ate our tarts before we bought our tickets and popcorn for our show.  Today we went to see A Little Chaos with Alan Rickman and Kate Winslet.  It was okay.  I wouldn’t say it was my favourite movie ever, but it was beautiful to look at.  Alan Rickman directed it as well.  

After the movie we talked about dinner.  We weren’t hungry, but somehow ended up on Ginza-dori at The Good Luck Cafe.  We had pasta, plus caesar salad and deep fried spaghetti.  That was a fun appetizer, but a bit too salty.  The pasta was great.  The Good Luck Cafe is run by the same people who ran Grado, the restaurant near our apartment, so it was a nice treat to have some of their food again.  

We came home and watched a bit of TV.  I watched Project Runway and afterwards there was a Japanese movie that F has been watching.  It is horrible, horrible, horrible.  I just erased what the film is about because I don’t want to upset people, but I would have turned this movie off about 5 minutes after it started.  


Anyway, no idea what I’m going to get up to later.  Come back in a few hours and find out!  Until tomorrow….

No comments: