February 24, 2016

Wednesday - Snowy

A good day.

I got up this morning a bit early and didn’t go back to bed.  I stayed on the couch instead and stayed awake.  I watched The X-Files bien sûr and had my usual breakfast and tea.  Unfortunately, I didn’t quite make it through the infomercial that follows X-Files and decided to take a nap.  I woke up about 30 minutes later and then got ready to do my workout.

I did 30 minutes of walking, including some intervals this morning and enjoyed myself for the most part.  I was sweating quite a bit.  F phoned during an interval and I could barely talk to him as I was quite out of breath!

F came home for lunch, but I was already done, so it didn’t matter.  He had a bento and then left a bit later. 

I did some of my computer things that I do and then had lunch.  I had quite a nice lunch with cup soup and some salmon mixed into some strained yogurt.  It had the consistency of a salmon salad, but was a little more tart than that.  It was good.  I had some of F’s lovely fresh bread too.  

I took a shower and then came back to the living room and worked a bit on my column.  I wrote up a couple more movies.  It’s going quite well, this one is! 

I did the dishes from today, and the few that F didn’t do last night and later F came home.  I suggested going to Fireball tonight and that’s what we did.  We had a yummy meal.  F had some sautéed motsu and we had our usual set meal too.  I went to the permanent pasta menu for my meal tonight and had chicken and vegetables in a garlic cream sauce with penne.  It was great.  F had pork cheek with spaghetti in a tomato cream sauce and his was great too.  For a change I didn’t really have a favourite.

After we finished, we got a few groceries and then came home.  At 11:00pm I did a bit of knitting in front of Scandal.  I’m finally on the double-pointed needles now.  I managed to find my rubber stoppers for the end of the needles, so hopefully I won’t drop any stitches this time.  Fingers are very tightly crossed at that.


And that’s about it for my day.  Tomorrow we’ll have dinner at home, I’m trying to make it low key, since I’m still in column mode.  Come back in a while and find out what interesting stuff I get up to!  Until tomorrow…!

No comments: