February 25, 2016

Thursday - Snowy I think

An okay day.

I got up early this morning, turned on the heater and then went back to bed for a while!  I did get up a bit later but it was cold in the living room.  I was a couple of minutes late for The X-Files, but enjoyed them.  I had breakfast and tea, then did some internet viewing and blog reading.  

I got changed to do my workout, but thought that F might show up for lunch, so held off.  Of course, he didn’t come, so I ended up doing a late workout.  I only did a short one today. I was barely into it when I did it.  

F called in the afternoon with word from the doctor.  He wanted me to go for testing on Monday.  I tried to get the day changed because…Holiest day of Helen, remember…but he couldn’t.  Sigh.  That means that I’ll have to miss most of the Academy Awards and won’t be able to Facebook them like I planned.  Sigh.  I might do a few minutes, but not the in depth coverage I was hoping to do.  

During the day, I prepared for dinner.  I strained some yogurt overnight, and put another batch in this morning.  When I had my lunch, I mixed the strained yogurt with some of the smoked salmon, dill and a bit of black pepper.  I put it back in the fridge to meld flavours until dinner time.  I also cut up part of a red onion.  I soaked it and also put some of it in a vinegar bath to lightly pickle it.  

I worked on my column a bit.  I didn’t have a lot of time, so I haven’t finished it yet.  I must do it tomorrow.  

Lunch was a couple of chicken weiners on F’s nice bread with a touch of cheese and mustard.  Quite nice really.

When F came home we were able to eat dinner quickly. I didn’t really cook today, I just put things together.  We had cheese bagels with smoked salmon salad and red onion and that was so nice!  The strained yogurt worked quite well as a mayonnaise substitute and it was much lower in calories.  We had a salad on the side. I put out the cheese so F could have some if he wanted, but I didn’t.  

In the evening F snoozed on the couch until I made him move so I could watch Bones.  I did that and worked on my knitting AND FINISHED IT.  It is done. Finito-benito.  I’ll try and get a picture of it tomorrow.  It’s a tad too big…okay a lot too big, but since my head keeps getting bigger it might not be a bad thing! It is cute, but I never, ever want to work with this stuff again where counting stitches is important!  I’m also making a cowl out of it and that is fine, but I am basically just winging that.  This hat/toque whatever was hard and I finally finished on my third try.  

And that’s about it for today.  On Friday you can come back if you want to see my lovely hat and hear all about my day.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: