February 26, 2016

Friday - Snowy

A good day.

I got up this morning just in time for my X-Files.  I had breakfast and tea during it too.  That was nice.

I got dressed in my workout gear a bit early and then was able to start my workout before noon.  Unfortunately, F FaceTimed me during my workout.  It wouldn’t have been so bad if he’d called me, but FaceTime takes over my computer screen and I can’t see my workout video anymore.  I rang off rather quickly. 

I finished my workout just as he came home.  Whew.  I had heated up the kettle for him so I wasn’t completely mean.  He was a bit grumpy to me. I think he was annoyed about the call, but eating his meal seemed to help.  He left for work again.

I had a good afternoon.  I did some computer stuff, finished watching a movie I was watching yesterday and had lunch.  I had some of the salmon.  It was very good.  I even took a shower.  A little before 5, F called me and told me that he thought he made a mistake about the hospital tests.  He’d found a note that said I should go on March 29, not February 29 as he told me this week.  He said he’d check.  He phoned back a bit later to say that it was March 29.  Whew!  I won’t miss the Academy Awards after all! They are the TV event I look forward to all year.

F called again later to say that he had left work and was going to his house, so I got to work on dinner.  I washed the day’s dishes and then coated the chicken, found a recipe for the shimeji mushrooms and set the table.  Just a bit before he came home I preheated the oven and started up the kettle.  Tonight we had herb chicken, chawanmushi from a mix, salad and the shimeji in a butter soy sauce.  It was all quite nice and got good reviews.  Yay me.  I’ve decided to just simplify my meals as much as possible.  It doesn’t nourish my soul cooking easy food, but to not get exasperated when my husband won’t come to the table this minute is so much better.  We’re getting on better too.  At least for now!

In the evening, after dinner, I finished writing my column for the AFWJ Journal.  Safe!  Done! At 9:00 I went to the couch and did a bit of knitting during Castle, then went back to my computer afterwards.  I listened to my column and made a few last, last minute tweaks and then sent it to the Editor.  Done, done, done.

It’s been a quiet night. I’m up far too late but will go to bed soon.  F went a couple of hours ago.  

Saturday afternoon I will be a bit busy as I have a dental appointment and also need to pick up my new glasses.  I’m a bit worried about how they’ll look.  I hope I like them! Come back later and find out about my day.  Until tomorrow….

Oh…I promised you pictures of my little hat….

It's quite big on me, so I can wear it a bit slouchy if I want!


Rosa said...

Nice! I like the color, very eye catching in the photos. And slouchy hats are on trend--which I'm sure you're very concerned about (lol!). :D

Helen said...

Thank you! I've had the yarn for 10 years wondering what to do with it and I finally decided a hat and a cowl. I'm still working on the cowl. I could try making another hat, but the eyelash yarn is really hard to work with and knitting isn't my favourite craft at the best of times!

And...had no idea about the trend. Thanks. Good to know I'm still "with it"!

wespeakjapaneseandenglish said...

It looks great! Really cute.

Helen said...

Thank you! I'm hoping the cowl when I get it done will look good too!