February 7, 2016

Sunday - Sunny in Sendai, Snowy in Tsuruoka

A good day.

The last few days have been lovely.  Sendai is a fun city to explore and shop in.  It has great restaurants and friendly people so I thoroughly enjoyed my little trip there.

On Friday, F joined me in Sendai and we celebrated my birthday with a swanky dinner in our gorgeous hotel. On Saturday we drove up to Hiraizumi to see the Golden Temple.  On the way there we stopped in at a port city and had fish from the fish market on rice.  My husband really enjoyed that.  Today we had a late check-out of our hotel and then did some shopping.  We didn’t really buy anything, but did enjoy ourselves.  We ended up at the Yamagata Costco for a few things and then came home.

The road through the mountains was a bit scary and it was much colder than Sendai was.  

We arrived home to a very cold apartment (5 degrees) where we put our new purchases away and did a little relaxing and email catching up.  

And now, I’m going to go and get some sleep.  I’m not sure that I should put my alarm on for the morning, I’d really like to sleep!  Come back later and I’ll try and fill in more details, or something.  Until tomorrow….

2 comments:

Rosa said...

Happy Birthday, Helen!

Sounds like you had a grand time. :)

Helen said...

Thank you! I really did. I should post some of my pictures from the trip!