February 8, 2016

Monday - Cold but clear

A good day.

I got up this morning, a little late.  I really had a hard time making myself get out of bed!  In fact, I got up early and filled up the heater with kerosene and then turned it on because I was too cold to stay out of bed.

I had a quiet morning.  I didn’t have enough yogurt so I didn’t have my usual cereal.  Instead, I made myself some oatmeal.  That was rather delicious.

My day was quiet too.  I didn’t workout today, F came home for lunch and I put the kettle on for him.  

When I had lunch I had a chocolate bagel and peanut butter, as well as an open face chicken sandwich.  Yum.  

In the later afternoon I did the dishes that were left from last night and today.  I got the kitchen tidied up a bit.  When F came home to pick up souvenirs for his mother, I asked if he’d like me to make dinner.  I could throw together some pasta and a  vegetable.  He said he’d like that, so while he was away, that is what I did.

We had pasta with a bought sauce, plus some of the broccoli and the baby leaf salad that we bought yesterday.  It was quite nice.  Simple, but good.

After F hung up his washing, we went to the grocery store.  I’m planning to make pancakes tomorrow for Shrove Tuesday.  I needed a few ingredients too.  

When we came home, I watched a bit of TV and relaxed.  It is good to be home!  I enjoyed being away, but home is nice too.


That is about it for today.  Tomorrow I’m going to work out if I am up to it and then I’m going to start unpacking my suitcase.  At least that is the plan right now!  Come back later and see what goes on.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: