March 15, 2016

Tuesday - Warm and sunny

A good day, but beware the Ides of March!

I got up on time this morning and watched the second part of The X-Files.  I discovered while I was making breakfast that F had left his phone at home.  I checked the battery and decided to plug it in for him.  I wasn’t sure if he’d come home and get it, but I thought he probably would if he could.  He did.  He was in and out before 10.

I had a quiet but fairly busy day today.  I did a short workout because for some reason my knee was hurting, then changed and worked on my computer for a bit.  I scanned my outgoing and recently received postcards and posted them.  I had lunch.  Yum!  

Around 4 pm I started to put the address labels on the post cards and then I stamped my outgoing cards.  I decided to walk them over to the post office and got them there just after the pick up.  Sigh.  Still, they’ll go out tomorrow.  I went inside and bought a few more stamps.  I got some of the new spring greeting stamps.  They are so pretty.

I walked and even jogged for 50 meters home and then got even busier.  I got out the vacuum, changed the bag and then vacuumed the apartment.  It did need it.  I also did a couple of loads of laundry for myself.  I did mostly shirts this time.  I got them hung up and as I finished, F called to say he was finished work and would go and check on his mother.

I did the few dishes I’d made during the day and then got started on dinner.  I wasn’t doing a fancy dinner at all, I just wanted to have things under control when F came home.  I found a simple recipe for fried shimeji, and prepared the new microwave pasta maker to put in the microwave.  When F did come home I had a few busy minutes, but things worked out.  The one complaint I have is the usual.  He won’t come to the table when I ask him to, he has to finish his video on YouTube or shut down his computer or whatever before he’ll come over.  

Dinner, when he arrived was good and most of it got eaten. F said he’d do the dishes and did his usual half-assed job of them.  When he was taking his bath later on, I went into the kitchen and finished all the ones he didn’t do. 

We had a bit of mango later on from a can and it was nice.  I watched a bit of TV and did a bit of crochet too.  My purse is now 24 cm long.  I think I need to do another couple of centimetres and then I’ll be ready for the shell stitches.  I did finish the first ball of thread, so that was really good.  


And that, more or less, was my day.  It was quite good. Not sure at all what I’ll get up to on Wednesday.  You’ll have to come back and find out.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: