March 2, 2016

Wednesday - Rainy and warmer

A good day.

I went to bed a bit late last night, but managed to get up this morning and stay up.  I did snooze a bit on the couch, but watched The X-Files and had breakfast and tea.  

F came home for lunch, so I put off my workout until he left.  I only did a short one today as I had a lot of things to do, but did workout so that was good.  I did a couple of loads of laundry over the course of the afternoon too.

F popped in around 3 pm to pick something up and I was shocked at how late it was.  I had planned to do a few things with my day, but ran out of time to do them.  I did mix up my own taco seasoning today and then used in when I cooked the ground meat for my taco salad.  I bought the mix of beef and pork that was available in the grocery store and added in some ground chicken too.  I thought my taco mix was good, but a little too spicy. 

I did a few other things around the apartment and when F called to say he was on his way to his mother’s, I asked him to pick us up some salsa.  He didn’t know if he could get it here, but I knew we could!

When F got home I was able to put dinner on the table quickly.  We had a taco salad with Costco’s organic tortilla chips, spicy ground meat, fake sour cream, salsa, salad and cheese.  It actually went over very well!  There’s enough for my lunch tomorrow too. Yay!

F did the dishes and we settled in for the night.  I suggested watching Horrible Bosses 2 and it was horrible and funny too.  Most of the humour was typically gross-out, but there were some interesting things going on.  There were also some interesting actors in it.  Christophe Waltz, Jennifer Anniston, Jaime Foxx, and Chris Pine were in it, to name a few.  

At 11:00pm I watched Scandal and enjoyed it in a trashy TV sort of way.  I started working with the new yarn that I bought, I wanted to see which hook would be better for me to use on it, and if I should double the yarn or not.  I’ve decided not to because I’ll probably line the bag and I don’t want to run out of the yarn.  It isn’t bad to work with which I’m glad about.  


And that’s about it for today.  It was surprisingly nice today, even though I didn’t go out at all.  Tomorrow I have to scan some Postcrossing cards and send them, plus figure out something interesting for dinner.  Come back in a bit and find out what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: