April 10, 2016

Sunday - Warm and sunny

A good day.

I slept in of course because it was Sunday.  F got up at his usual time and didn’t go and visit his mother’s.  Sigh.  I really wanted him to go.  Instead, someone chose to watch the Manny Pacquiao fight.  It wasn’t me.  

The fight didn’t finish until almost 2 so most of the good places to have lunch were already on their last order.  F suggested one place, that I didn’t know, so I said okay.  I thought we were headed there, but we weren’t.  Instead, I suggested East, over at the Grand El Sun, and that’s where we went.  We both had the same dish for a change, the pork hamburg steak with lots of veggies.  It was quite nice.  I suggested dessert for a kick, and F went for it.  I had a gorgeous pear tart, F had a choux creme. 

After lunch I suggested going to the Komagihara Spa to check out their farmer’s market.  I said that since it was near F’s house, he could call up his mother and see if she would like to come and have tea or coffee with us there.  She would get out of the house and have a little socialization too.  F called her to see if she’d be up for it, but she was in bed.  At 4 in the afternoon.  She wasn’t feeling well.  F bought some of the takeout food and took it over to her.  If she isn’t feeling better tomorrow he might take time off work and take her to the doctor. I’m thinking that she might be grieving for Gombei, which is one reason I wanted to get her out of the house.  Sometimes it is nice to be invited along, even if it is just to the market to see your foreign daughter in law who can’t speak to you!

We didn’t buy anything at the market for us, although I might later in the year.  We came home and relaxed for a bit.  I sent F back to his mother’s a bit later to check on her.  Still the same, so he’ll visit again in the morning.

We talked about shopping and when to go out and when to have dinner tonight.  Since F will likely take time off work tomorrow, I didn’t buy groceries tonight.  

F wanted ramen for dinner, so I suggested the Chinese place near the bridge again.  I only had a few calories left, so thought I’d manage with some stir-fried veggies for dinner.  We had our meals and thought we were smart to get there when we did. It became quite busy and people were waiting when we left.

Since we had time before our movie I suggested going for tea somewhere.  We ended up at Mister Donut.  I had the Royal Milk Tea again and F had Cafe au Lait.  Both have free refills.  We did have doughnuts too.  Well, F had a croissmuffin…whatever that is!  Looked like a cross between a croissant and a muffin.  I had a cutie pop because it was small and I thought it would probably not have as many calories.  We had a good time at the shop.  I was surprised to see a white stretch limo go down the street at one point!  Quite a rare thing in my little city.

A little before 8 pm we left and drove to the theatre.  Tonight’s film was The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.  It wasn’t fabulous, but it was enjoyable although I agree with some of the critical comments I read that said there was too much Sonny.  I quite liked it.  I know F enjoyed it too.

Afterwards I was ready to come home, but F wanted beer so we went to the grocery store.  Sigh.  Boring!  I cannot understand why he wants to go there so often!  He bought stuff, I didn’t.  We came home and he ate, I watched The Musketeers. Men with swords!  

Anyway, that’s about it for me.  Today was a better day for cherry blossoms so I’ll put up a couple of shots and was much better overall than I thought it might be.  Come back in a bit and see what happens next.  Until tomorrow….

I liked the sunset through the trees.




2 comments:

Rosa said...

Ah, cherry blossom season! Does its effect wear off on you the longer you've been in Japan?

It was good of you to invite F's mother out, even if she didn't come. I imagine you're right that she's grieving over poor Gombei. I wonder if she'll get (or even want) a new pup.

Helen said...

The effects of cherry blossom season haven't worn off me yet! If I'm having a bad day then I'm a little more jaded about the whole thing, but really they are so pretty and only last for a week or so that it is impossible to get bored with them.

I don't know if F's mother will want a new dog, seeing as how he was actually F's dog in the first place. She's quite elderly...I mentioned to F a few nights ago that if SHE is interested in a new dog, he might want to look into an older rescue dog for her. She just doesn't have the stamina for a puppy. However, it really is too soon to make those kind of decisions. I just wanted to plant the seed in F's head!

Thanks for visiting as always :-)