April 22, 2016

Friday - Sunny and warm

A sad day, good for me personally though.  

As I was getting ready to go to bed last night, I read the news about Prince on Facebook.  I was shocked.  When Prince first came on the music scene, I didn't really like him.  Then, I saw Purple Rain and it all changed.  He was incredible.  I'm not a big fan of screaming guitars so some of his flashier performances were lost on me, but I loved his dancing, his fashion sense for the most part and the fact that he and I were about the same height.  However, with him, he owned his size. In the following years, the music changed and there was the whole "The Artist formerly known as Prince" thing, but he was always good.  

There are very few times at karaoke where I don't do at least one Prince song, usually either Raspberry Beret or Little Red Corvette. They are just so much fun to sing, I usually end up on my feet for them.  

I never had the chance to see Prince in concert and now, sadly, I never will.  


I did oversleep a bit today but no matter.  I got myself up and made some porridge for breakfast.  It was really good.  I made it with some coconut milk and frozen raspberries.  It was delicious.  

I started my workout before 12 and I finished about one minute before F arrived for his lunch.  I did one where I worked on my arms so they feel a little tired now!

In the afternoon I showered, had a late lunch and scanned my cards.  I even walked them over to the post office.  It was lovely to get outside.  

I came back to the apartment and started to get the kitchen ready for dinner.  I took out the griddle as well and washed it.  

When F came home I kicked it into higher gear.  Tonight we had pancakes and bacon and salad, plus fruit salad for dessert.  It was very nice.

After I put things away I vacated the kitchen and decided that no matter what, I wasn’t doing the dishes.  Lately F has been leaving them for a long time or been beetling out of doing them.  I don’t mind if I know he’s had a rough day, but I don’t want to get into the habit of doing them after cooking.  My hands get so rough in this season and they need a break.

We had a quiet evening.  I watched Castle on the couch and did a little crochet but kind of fell asleep on it, so I’ll have to re-watch it next week.  I watched a few other shows too as F fell asleep on the couch.  


We do have a few plans for tomorrow so come back later and see what I get up to.  I hope it’ll be fun.  Until tomorrow….

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how you did the part about Prince in purple!

Helen said...

Well...Purple was his colour! I love purple too so it wasn't too hard :-)

Crafty Tokyo Mama said...

I had no idea that Prince had passed away. What a shame. I have very few CD's, but one of them is Prince. I'll always remember watching Purple Rain at the movies back in high school.

Helen said...

I think the first time I saw Purple Rain, my sister and I had rented a VCR (because we didn't have one yet) and the video of the movie. At first we weren't too sure about it, but he won us over. We ended up loving it.

Even now I think he is one of the most interesting artists to watch or listen to.

Thanks for commenting!