April 23, 2016

Saturday - Sunny and then cloudy

A good day.

I got up reasonably early this morning and took a shower. As I got up, F went back to bed, but when I came back after my shower, he was up again.

We went out to a Chinese restaurant near Yunohama.  F had a set menu and I had hoikoro, a Chinese dish.  My dish was swimming in grease.  I was a tad disappointed.  

We met up with my friend and her little boy and we drove up to Ie Koi Ie No Mura to see the tulips.  We had a lot of fun walking around and watching her son be silly.  He dug a hole in one place, in another played hide and seek and spread some amusement to the other three of us.  The tulips were lovely and we got a few pictures of each other.

F and I 

Tulips

Tulip
(Can you spot the spider?  I didn't until I came home!)

More tulips

F in front of some nanohama

MORE tulips!

We had a drink at a produce store in Yunohama.  I call it the Tomato store because they really do sell a lot of tomato related goods there.  F and I each had some gelato and a cup of tea or coffee depending on which one of us it was.  

Sadly, it was soon time to split up the party and my friend and her son left.  F and I went and explored the beach.  That was fun.  I love spending time by the sea.  I didn’t bring back any seashells today.  I often do, but decided that they look better on the beach.  


Have I ever mentioned how much I love the ocean?
T---------h------------i---------s much!

We next drove over to the Mikawa Shopping Mall area.  I got a swimming cap at the sporting goods store, then F and I spent a bit of money in Don Quixote.  We got some food and I picked up some felt markers.  

Next up was dinner, so we went to the mall proper and had pasta at the little Italian restaurant.  I had one with beef tongue and pepperoncino, it was good.  F had carbonara.  We walked around the mall a little and didn’t buy anything else, then went back to the theatre and bought our tickets for The Revenant.  

Watching the movie, I couldn’t help feeling a little sorry for Leonardo diCaprio eating bison liver raw while I was guzzling popcorn and oolong tea. I felt a little less sorry for him at the raw fish…hey, I eat sushi too.  I’ve never had it that fresh though.  It was a good movie, but a gruelling one.  Although the people weren’t “nice” in it, the movie as a whole was more enjoyable than The Hateful Eight.  

When the movie finished we came home.  I watched Penny Dreadful (brilliant) and the Project Runway where they talked to the designers at the end.  That was good.  


I’ll be off to bed soon.  I’m not sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow, come on back and find out.  Until tomorrow….

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great photo of you and your husband.

Helen said...

Thank you! Our mutual friend in Sakata took it :-)

Crafty Tokyo Mama said...

You both look so happy. I love the ocean, too!

Helen said...

Aww! Thank you! Alberta is completely landlocked, so even though I've been in Japan for 19 years, I still get a thrill when I see the ocean!