April 27, 2016

Wednesday - Warm and sunny

A good day.

I got up this morning, had breakfast and cereal in my lovely bowl.  Oh, I have pictures this morning!  My bowl is a thing of loveliness I think.

Inside of the bowl

Outside!

I did my workout early-ish, just squeezing in before I thought F would be home.  And then he didn’t come home!  Still, it was done.  Whew!

I spent most of the afternoon getting into my Journal Column.  I had come up with an idea, which begat another idea, which begat another, you get the idea.  Anyway, I think I’m a little over halfway done, and it is going well.  Fingers crossed I can finish it tomorrow afternoon.

I took a shower in the late afternoon and F came home a bit later. He seemed grumpy right off the bat and wanted me to immediately name a place to have dinner.  I hadn’t even thought of dinner so he seemed annoyed.  I went and got changed and then suggested Fireball.  

F grudgingly accepted the suggestion. He always does that.  I’m not sure why.  98% of the time when we go there we have a great meal.  Anyway, we went and got the last table!  We had some lovely pasta…mine was penne with chicken, vegetables and a garlic cream sauce, F’s was lamb in a tomato cream sauce.  They were both delish!  The chef was playing Prince music, which I really appreciated.  I don’t know a lot of the album work, just the stuff I heard on the radio as a younger person.

After dinner, we went to the grocery shop and picked up a few things for tomorrow’s dinner.  I tried asking F what he wanted to do about meals over Golden Week but he wouldn’t answer me.  Sigh.  It is so annoying, sad to say.  He actually got a bit mad at me.  He knows I like to plan for things.  

We came home and had a quiet evening in.  I re-watched Penny Dreadful and then Criminal Minds and did a bit of crochet.  I also went back and worked more on my column.  


Tomorrow I have to get my column finished so I can send it off before Golden Week really starts.  F has taken off all the days in the next week, so I’m not sure what we’re going to be doing.  If I miss a day or two here or there, it’s probably because of that.  I should be here tomorrow night, so come on back and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

2 comments:

Rosa said...

That is a lovely bowl! Is there a clear glaze over it to make it less rough on the inside?

Helen said...

Not really. It isn't really rough, but it isn't quite the same as a cup that has been glazed. I don't think it's been glazed at all. I really like it!

And, thank you!