May 1, 2016

Sunday - Rainy and then cloudy

A good day.

It was Sunday today so I slept in as I usually do.  

After I got up, I took a shower.  I just felt that I needed one!  When I came back to the living room, F wanted to go out for lunch but I didn’t really.  I knew there were leftovers in the fridge, so I suggested eating some of them.  I’m not sure if F was happy about it, but that’s what we did. I finished up some quinoa and had it with a can of sea chicken, plus we had some pate on bread.  I really enjoyed it.  On holidays like this when we don’t plan our meals I get tired of Japanese food in restaurants because F always wants Japanese food and I do not.  Today it was sushi that he wanted.  I couldn’t face it really.  My idea was cheaper and a whole lot nicer really.

We moped around the apartment until F asked if I’d like to go out for a drive.  We ended up along the coast.  We had originally planned to go fishing today, but the weather in the morning was cold and rainy.  In the evening it was cool and windy.  We drove to some of our fishing spots and then parked at Yura beach and went for a walk.  There’s a bridge over to an island and we walked around it.  There were a few spots where we couldn’t go any further as they were blocked off, but we enjoyed ourselves and took pictures.  

A memorial to Japanese sailors who were lost at sea. It looks like they are doing
construction in this area now. It changed from a few years ago.

Looking back at the mainland.  The big building on the left on the shore is a hotel, the ruins below
where I am are  used to be a cafe according to F. 

The bridge, the sunset and a bird or two.
When we finished on the island, we got back in the car and started driving.  We decided to go to Mikawa and see Captain America: Civil War.  We drove to the mall and had dinner at the bibinba place.  I really enjoyed it tonight.  The stone bowl was really hot and even burned my rice a little.  Yay!  After we finished F got himself some ramen and I got myself some ice cream!  Tonight I had the chocolate sorbet again and tried the Peach Yogurty something or other.  They were both good.  

So, how was the movie?  I liked it!  I enjoy the Marvel heroes universe though, so if you aren’t into that, you probably won’t like it.  I was happy to see the new Spiderman and also Ant Man in the movie, I thought the acting wasn’t bad and I’d really like to see a bit more from the characters on the outskirts of the movie.  

When the movie finished, we drove back into Tsuruoka and came home.  F has been snoozing on the couch for ages, and it is almost my bedtime…okay it is long past it, but I should get some sleep soon.  

I wasn’t sure how today would go, but once F and I got out of the apartment and went for our walk, it was so much better.  I think we both need to do something physical every day.  


Tomorrow I have to try and buy some train tickets and who knows what else! Come back later and find out what we get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: