May 15, 2016

Sunday - Hot and Sunny

A good day.

I slept in this morning because I didn’t go to bed until very very late.  I did set my alarm, but still got up after it.  I was just getting dressed when F came home from taking his mother out.  

We were going to go out for lunch when I reminded F that we had to pick something up at City Hall today.  Despite it being written on the calendar in two languages, he had forgotten.  We had to get our things ready for it before we left.  We tried, and then went to an Udon restaurant for lunch.  F had a kind of Udon salad, I had wakame udon.  It was quite good.  

We drove over to City Hall and took care of business.  As usual, F hadn’t got the whole story and things that he had told me at home weren’t correct.  However, I don’t really care that much! We did our stuff and each of us got our brand new fancy “MyNumber” cards.  

We went to Mister Donut to say goodbye and to have a drink.  Sad to say, our Mister Donut is going to close next week.  I would sometimes run over to Mister Donut when I had a lot of free time at work to pick something up, or I’d buy doughnuts for a class that worked hard or once in a while I’d have dinner there after work.  I’ll miss them and their great music station on the sound system.  It was always a good place for F and I to go when I was tired of being stuck in the apartment. 
Our last order at Tsuruoka's Mister Donut.  A honey churro and an Angel French.
My iced tea and F's Cafe au Lait aren't in the picture.  

We came home after the doughnut shop and watched last night’s So You Think You Can Dance.  I did quite a bit of crochet at the same time too.  Yay me.  

Around 6 pm I was starting to get hungry and F asked if I’d like to go and get a massage. I suggested he go and get one since it is expensive, and I’d do some shopping at the mall.  I had been looking at handbags a couple of weeks ago and I had finally made up my mind to get one.  He made the disappointed face he always does when I suggest doing something without him, so I relented and said he could come.  Then it took about 20 minutes before he was ready to leave.  Gah! 

We got to the mall, I went to a shop that sells accessories and found a backpack style purse that can be converted easily to a handbag style and got that.  It was a little more than I wanted to spend, and I don’t think it’ll last for a really long time, but I quite like it.  Maybe I can search for a new bag that I really like in the meantime.  

After that, I bought F a cup of coffee at the Doutor in the mall.  I had some tea and we made a few suggestions for dinner. I thought he’d like fish, but he didn’t want to go to his restaurants, I suggested chicken yakitori, but when we got to it, it was closed.  The other yakitori shop was closed too.  We ended up in Misono.  It was quite busy but no one was smoking near me this time.  Whew!  F had the biggest bowl of ramen I’ve seen in ages and I had vegetable stir-fry.  Mine was good.  

We bought a few groceries afterwards and then came home, just in time to see Mr. Turner.  I’ve been looking forward to it for a few days.  It was okay.  It was a biography film and quite interesting.  I expected more somehow.  As always happens when F is around, I didn’t get to hear some of it because my husband is the noisiest man around.  However, the performances were good and it was fabulous to see the recreation of the Fighting Temeraire. I might re-watch some of it tomorrow if I have time.

And that’s about it for me.  I might pop out tomorrow if I have time, if not, I’ll be doing things like washing my clothes for my convention. I also have to get something in the slow cooker if it is ready.  Fingers crossed that it will be.  


Come back later and find out how my Monday goes.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: