June 16, 2016

Thursday - Cloudy with some rain

An okay day.

Okay, latest on my ears…ouch.  Well, half of that.  My left ear seems mostly back to normal, but my right is still quite painful.  I realized tonight that it seems to come and go and this might be a case when the weather does affect it if the pressure in my ears is changing.  Anyway…am still planning to see the doctor on Saturday if F will stop being a silly bugger and take me to the clinic I want to go to.

Woke up late today.  In fact, what woke me up  was the sound of the living room door closing as F went out.  He’d come back home to pick something up I think and saw me sleeping and left me.  Nice of him, but I wanted to be up then.  Sigh.  

I had tea and breakfast, the usual.  I had the feeling that F wasn’t coming home for lunch and he didn’t.  He had to drive to another city for work.  What I did was get to work on dinner.  Today I made my version of The Kitchn’s Curried Vegetable and Chickpea Stew, so I had to do all the veggie prep that goes along with that.  I got it all done and bubbling away by something after 2.  The apartment smelt gorgeous all afternoon.  Then, I had clean up, then lunch, then I had to scan my cards and even do more clean up after lunch.  Ack.  I did a late trip to the post office this afternoon, but I really was glad to get out of the apartment.  

F called me when I was on the way home and I asked him to get some spinach for the stew.  The little shop by the post office didn’t have any today.  The guy seemed quite surprised when I asked for spinach in Japanese…and I even understood his response.  Oh well.

At home I got prepared to finish up the stew by putting the coconut milk in and after F arrived, washing and preparing the spinach.  I threw it all in the slow cooker and then cooked the sausages and set the table.  I was busy.  

I put F’s stew out before mine because I knew it would take him ages to get to the table and I like my stew hot.  F had made bread overnight for us so we had stew, bread, sausages and salad.  It was nice.  I think I had let the stew cook a little too long, but then again, F was late tonight so, not all my fault.  
After dinner I put away the sauces and uneaten food and let F get on with the dishes.

That done, he wanted to go for a walk.  Just then my ear and my neck were quite painful and I didn’t really want to go.  What I wanted was some sympathy, but since I’m not allowed to be sick, I didn’t get any.  I did go out with F for a walk, but it was raining and for most of the walk he walked about 10 feet in front of me.  I wasn’t too impressed.  I finally got him to slow down a bit.  He offered to go to a convenience store, but I didn’t need it tonight.  

We came home and he had his bath and went to bed soon after.  I did a few postcrossings tonight too.  I got three done tonight, but a total of 11 this week.  Yay me.  I seem to be sending to a lot of Russian and German postcrossers this week.  I did get a Canadian one this week though, so that was nice.

And that’s about it for me.  Tomorrow I’m not sure what I’m going to get up to, but if you come back later I’ll tell you all about it!  Until tomorrow….

No comments: