June 18, 2016

Saturday - Sunny and warm

A good day.

I got up on time this morning and after F left, took a quick shower and got dressed.  I waited for F to finish, but sadly, his appointment didn’t finish in time for me to go to the doctor’s office we wanted to go to.

When F came home we decided to have lunch, so I suggested Hyakkenbori at the university.  It was a great idea.  We both had their lunch special.  The price was good and it was very nice…a lemon pepper pork saute. After lunch, we came home long enough for me to brush my teeth, then headed out again to the dentist’s office.

My dentist pulled me in right away, I didn’t even get to look at the magazines in the office, and I had my teeth cleaned and a fluoride treatment.  She told me not to drink or eat for 30 minutes.  No problem.

F had found another ear clinic so we went there.  We waited for a while and then I was seen by the doctor.  He couldn’t really find anything wrong with my ears but gave me some pain medication and told me to come back if it happens again.  Grrr. I’m not in pain now…I’m not sure he even believed me! While we were waiting in the waiting room to pay, I noticed one of my ex-students waiting too.  She said hi and proceeded to ask what was wrong with me.  Er….none of your business really.  However I just said I had an ear problem.  

F and I had a drink in Doutors and then did a little shopping in the mall.  There was an Ikebana show on, so we went to have a look.  It was interesting!

We came home for a bit and then went for dinner.  We went to the local Chinese restaurant.  It was better than I expected, but F ordered yakisoba as well as the ramen he had to have.  I didn’t really like the yakisoba, but did like the chicken/mushroom stir-fry.  It was spicy.  We walked home again, but at 7:45, we left.

We walked to the Machi-kine theatre.  It took us about 20 minutes, but it was a gorgeous night for walking.  There was a street festival on one of the main roads, but we didn’t have time to have a look, sad to say.

We went to see The Danish Girl at the cinema.  F actually liked it a whole lot more than I did.  I came out of the movie with more questions than I went in with.  We both thought that Alicia Viksander was excellent in the movie.  

On the way home we stepped into a new bar/lounge along the way.  We each had a drink and ordered a little bit of food.  We had some sausages and some veggie sticks.  It was nice and I liked the place, F didn’t.  It was too white for him or something.  It closed as soon as we left!

We walked home and a little while after we arrived watched So You Think You Can Dance.  Tonight was the episode where the Japanese dancer was knocked out.  A bit sad, but since I’d read up on it on Wikipedia, I had the feeling it would be tonight.  

And that’s it.  It really was quite a jam-packed day.  Tomorrow, I have no idea what we’ll get up to.  Come on back in a bit and find out!  Until tomorrow….

No comments: