June 2, 2016

Thursday - Cloudy and cool

A good day.

I got up this morning and did my usual sit on the couch and watch Castle thing.  I had tea and breakfast for good measure too.  However, I did do a load of laundry fairly early on and then a workout too.  I did go back to an easier tape because I haven’t worked out for a week, but it was okay.  It was rather nice actually.

F came home just as I finished up.  He wasn’t feeling well and considered taking the rest of the day off, but didn’t.  He didn’t want to eat, but I made him some tea and gave him some chilled soup that we had in the fridge.  He said it helped him so that was good.

In the afternoon I scanned my cards that I was sending and got them ready to go out.  I took myself off to the post office after 5 pm and dropped them in the mailbox. When I got home I did the dishes and then was going to take a shower, but F came home and did a load of his laundry.  Since I won’t shower when the washing machine is in use, that took care of my shower. 

Oh well.  

We went out for dinner tonight.  F first suggested an okay udon place, then another, and then finally suggested a ramen shop that had yakitori. Since I felt like having yakitori, that was where we went.  

Of course, when we arrived, the restaurant didn’t do yakitori anymore. Grrr.  F was very happy, he had ramen and I had to cobble together dinner out of the non-ramen things they had on offer.  I shared an order of gyoza, an order of shumei and a wiener with F.  I wasn’t exactly satisfied with that to be honest.  

We ran a few errands after dinner.  We picked up a few things at the drugstore.  We needed new cleaner for the bathroom and some liquid hand soap.  We went to the grocery store afterwards to get a bit of food for tomorrow night’s dinner.  I think I’m going to make pancakes.  I was thinking about making sweet ones since I have a mix, but I’m rethinking it.

Tonight I watched Bones and then Royal Pains followed by last week’s Castle.  Even F watched that one and seemed to enjoy it.  I wrote up 4 more Postcrossing cards tonight.  Yay!

There’s a rumour that I might be out of town tomorrow night so don’t wait up for an update.  I’m honestly not sure if I’ll be home or not.  Maybe not!

So, until tomorrow, or tomorrow’s tomorrow….


No comments: