June 24, 2016

Friday - Rainy and Humid

A good day.

I got up basically on time today and watched Castle, breakfasted and drank tea in the morning.  I read things on my computer and even made the bed and got dressed a little earlier than usual.  I even watched the second episode of Castle at 10:30.  It was the repeat of last week’s.  

I had a quiet day really.  I didn’t go out and I didn’t work on my column.  Sigh.  I just couldn’t get motivated about anything.  F didn’t come home for lunch either.  

I did watch most of Still Alice as it was on TV.  It was good, and also terribly sad.  I watched an episode of Once Upon a Time too, and enjoyed it.  

F was quite late tonight.  He didn’t call me until well after 7:00 pm, and didn’t get home until almost 8 pm. Luckily I had been working on dinner and it didn’t take very long to get it on the table.  Tonight we had fresh pasta with alfredo sauce, duck breast, and sautéed zucchini.  I took the zucchini recipe off a postcard I received.  It was supposed to be a pasta sauce, but I served it as a side dish.  It was quite nice.  We also had some salad and cucumber sticks too.  

At 9 pm I watched Castle (if you are counting, that is 4 episodes of Castle within 24 hours….The repeat of last week's at midnight, the 9:00 am older episode, the 10:30 repeat of last week's-yeah I watched it again…and then at 9:00pm this week’s new episode.  I may be obsessed.)  I did a bit of crochet and then went back to my computer for Numb3rs.  I made tea then too.  

That’s really about it.  I had such a quiet day.  I didn’t go out and I didn’t accomplish anything that I had hoped to do.  Oh dear.  We didn’t walk tonight because the weather was bad and F was tired.


On Saturday I hope to go to the movies and maybe do a little shopping.  Come back in a bit and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: