July 17, 2016

Sunday - Rainy and cloudy

A good day.

I slept in because it was Sunday and that’s what I do!  When I got up, F went and had a nap for a bit.  We talked about going out for lunch and then I asked F if he’d like me to cook us brunch instead.  I had bacon, eggs and hash brown patties in the fridge….pretty easy to pull something out of that! He said yes, and so I cooked.  We had bacon, scrambled eggs and the hash browns and it was nice.  We had a couple of mini tomatoes in the fridge, so they went on the plates too.  There were even a couple of plums for afterwards.  

After our brunch we went out.  F wanted to go to the Internet Cafe which was fine.  I had a bag of stuff with me, but when we were on our way there F asked if there were any movies.  We drove to the local theater to see, but nothing was on for a while.  

The parking lot at the Internet Cafe was full, so we couldn’t park there.  We looked at the times of the Mikawa movies and we had a scant 20 minutes to make it there to see a movie.  It usually takes 20 minutes just to drive out there.  We got to the mall and went up to the theater, but decided to wait and do a little shopping first!  

We looked at handbags for me, bought some socks for F and me, and I looked at the craft work stuff, but didn’t buy anything except socks.  We had an iced tea and a doughnut at Mr Donut.  I even did my good deed for the day when I asked F to move down a chair so a lady at the next table could have a seat.  

We finally went to see the movie, Independence Day: Resurgence. It wasn’t great.  I didn’t like it very much. I was mildly entertained by it, but really wouldn’t recommend it unless people are desperate to see a movie.  

We left the mall after the movie and drove back to Tsuruoka.  I suggested to F that we get something from the grocery store for dinner since we weren’t terribly hungry, and that’s what we did.  We picked up some sushi, tempura and bifun and came home.

We waited for a while to eat and started watching a film called Child 44.  It was about a murder investigation during the start of communist Russia.  Of course, there couldn’t be any murders happening in the heaven that was Communist Russia!  It was quite engrossing and even managed to suck F into it too.  We ate our dinner and had a quiet evening in.


I’m not sure what we’ll get up to on Monday.  It’s a long weekend here, so F will be around.  We may do a version of a picnic or if we have time go and do a little sightseeing.  You’ll have to come back later and find out!  Until tomorrow….

No comments: