July 23, 2016

Saturday - Warm and sunny

A good day!

I woke up a bit late this morning, but nothing unusual really.  I got ready to take a shower and just as I was going to, F came home.  I showered and then we did our usual fighting over where to eat.  F wanted gyudon, I didn’t really, but said I’d go.  We went to the car and then he said that he’d go somewhere else.  I tried to suggest a couple of places that he might like, but these days it is almost impossible if they don’t serve ramen.  Finally I decided to please myself and suggested a place in S-Mall.  We went there and I had my favourite tuna and mushroom cream spaghetti and it was as nice as ever.  I didn’t have any sides with it like I usually do. F had cold ramen salad. He said it was okay.

We had an iced coffee downstairs after a quick run through the hundred yen shop, then came home.  I went into the apartment, F went over to check on his mother.  He came back a few minutes later and then I took a nap.  

F has been in a bad mood for a while now.  It’s the rainy season so his back is really bad and his medicine doesn’t seem to cut it.  I think I just have to have patience with him (or try anyway) until it is over.  

I got up a bit before 6 and we began the whole rigamarole about deciding where to go for dinner tonight.  We wanted to see a movie, and were planning to walk to the theatre so wanted something on the way.  I came up with a few ideas, like stopping at the grocery store for a couple of things and eating there if there was a table area or a restaurant or two that F didn’t like.  We ended up going to a little casual restaurant near the main post office.  They serve local food and it wasn’t bad.  I had chicken steak and F had some kind of pork dish.  

After dinner, we still had an hour before our movie, so I suggested we do a little walking around.  Well, there was a festival on just down the street, so we went and had a look.  F being F, we didn’t buy anything and I didn’t really ask to look at anything, although I would have if given half a chance.  It was a really nice night out and the festival was quite fun.  

We went to see 45 Years with Charlotte Rampling and Tom Courtenay and it was fabulous.  Looking at IMDb, it sounded boring but with good performances.  However, I forgot that most of the fanboys that comment on that website are into superhero movies and don’t like cerebral British dramas.  Okay, maybe I exaggerate, but the movie was really good.  I didn’t think F would like it, but he did AND he “got” it.  We left the theatre and chatted a bit about the movie.

We decided to go to a bar or an izakaya for a drink.  F’s first choice was busy, so we went to another one down the street.  After dinner, and popcorn I didn’t really want much to eat, so we stopped at a Fish Izakaya and had a drink each and a little food.  It was quite nice and then we walked home.

At home, F went to bed, and I stayed up and watched a little TV.  When the TV I wanted to watch finished, I put on a movie.  Yes, I am that crazy.  And now I’m watching videos from the 90’s.  Right now it is Alannah Myles and Black Velvet! And Right Said Fred!  Do not believe his jumpsuit!  It leaves very little to the imagination!


Okay, I have to get some sleep. The sun is coming up and I know that F will be getting up in a couple of hours!  I’ll probably talk to you again in a few hours.  Until…later today…?

No comments: