July 9, 2016

Saturday - Cloudy and Rainy

A good day.

I got up this morning to an empty apartment.  That was fine, I knew that F had to visit his mother and go to his back doctor.  I took a shower and just before I started, F returned.  It was nice to see him, except I didn’t really!  I had my shower and also had breakfast.  

Around 10:30 we left for the other clinic we go to where we got to play the sit and wait game.  Not too happy about that really.  We didn’t get seen for an hour.  Good thing I brought a book with me!  I did get quite a bit read.  No problems with anything, but I have to go back next week for an equipment change.  

 F wanted to go to a horrible dive in Fujishima for lunch, but I countered with two other options closer to our city and with much better food.  We ended up going to a new place, a fish restaurant that has just opened.  We had quite a nice lunch, although F complained that it wasn’t as good as the other branch of the restaurant. 

For some reason, we had left the clinic in the morning without F getting his medicine. He mentioned after lunch that he should try and get it! We drove back, but the pharmacy had already closed, we thought for lunch.  We went to a grocery store and hung around, had an iced coffee and then visited a hundred yen shop before going back to the pharmacy.  And…they were still closed.  The doctor’s office opened, but the pharmacy didn’t. He’ll try and stop in after work on Monday.  He has enough medicine to last through the weekend.

We were looking for a coffee shop again and Siri found us another one!  We went to a new to us place and I had a lovely cappuccino.  I’m slowly re-introducing coffee to my diet again.  We spent a while in the coffee shop and then were on our way again.  We were almost home when we detoured to a hardware store and picked up a crate for the kitchen.  We have a lot of bottles of stuff that I use quite often in cooking.  They don’t need to go in the fridge, but I dislike them just sitting on the floor.  I can keep them in a crate and can move them around a lot more easily that way.  At least that’s my plan/thought at the moment.

We finally came home and vegged for a bit.  I made F check his mum by phone and she was fine.  

I was hoping to go and see a movie tonight since there were three new movies in the area, but for some reason F wanted to save money. Ha!

He asked me if I’d like to go for dinner and he had a couple of ideas.  He suggested walking to a yakiniku restaurant so he could drink.  We certainly could have done that, but it was quite far and not all that good anyway!  I suggested walking to somewhere a little closer with better food, so that’s what we did.

We walked to a yakitori shop near the station, only to be told they were booked up for the evening.  We found a yakiniku place and had some Genghis Khan!  F had a couple of drinks and I had an oolong tea.  The food was nice, but we didn’t want to order any more there, so we paid up and left.
Doesn't this look like a Mongolian Helmet?  What we cooked our Genghis Khan on.  
Lamb...main ingredient of the Genghis Khan 
Veggies that came with it.  Yum.

We went to another restaurant near the station.  This time I had a drink, and we had a bit more food of different types.  We had caesar salad, chicken yakitori, sashimi (not my idea, but nice), and eggplant.  We left a little while later.  

On the way home we bumped into a friend and said a quick and a little tipsy hello, then went to a convenience store for a couple of non-alcoholic drinks.  It was a nice evening, but I’m not sure we saved any money at all!

We had a quiet evening at home.  I watched a bit of TV and we relaxed a bit. It’s probably time to head to bed because I’m a bit tired.  

At the moment I have no plans for tomorrow.  I’m not sure what is going to happen for a change.  Come on back in a bit and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: