August 14, 2016

Sunday - Hot and sunny, muggy

An okay day.

I got up late this morning but I didn’t care because it is Sunday and that’s how I roll on Sunday.  I did drag myself out of bed before noon, so practically early in my opinion.  

F and I went over to Cafe Cinq for lunch. I had the Miyukibashi plate again…it’s the only dish I’ve had there for lunch because it is that good!  It had some curried chicken, cold potato soup, salad, tuna and cabbage and a mashed potato with ham in it.  F had a vegetable curry and it looked good, but he didn’t say a whole lot about it.  

After lunch he asked if we could go to a pet store in Kushibiki.  I wasn’t too keen on it, but said it was okay.  Wish I hadn’t.  Although the place was clean and bright, the puppies and kittens looked so young.  I just wanted to bundle them all under my shirt and take them with me.  F’s mother is still asking to get another dog and I’m trying to make F see that if he gets her another dog it will be HIM taking care of it.  His mother is close to 80, I doubt she has the energy to look after a puppy.  I’ve suggested a shelter dog but they aren’t listening to me at all.

We went to the Chido Museum in the afternoon to do a preview for next week.  A friend might be coming over and we wanted to see how it was for her and her son.  What rooms to avoid, what to go and see.  I think it might be okay, it is hard to say.

After that, we went for a drink.  I asked F if I should ask Siri for a place, but he said he knew one.  He took me to a place near his house, that he’d taken me once before.  We went in and we sat down at a table.  They suggested that we move closer to the air conditioner and sit at the counter.  It was a good idea since the proprietor looked like she was in her mid 80’s and didn’t move very fast.  She asked us if we’d like some iced coffee.  Both of us thought that since she suggested it, it must be something special, so said yes.  She pulled out a tetra pack of coffee and proceeded to pour that into glasses for us!  We could have gone to the grocery store and bought a box for ourselves for less money!  We drank and left soon after. 

It was both sad and sweet in a way.  It was sweet that she is still running her shop and hopefully enjoying serving customers, but sad in that we can’t really recommend other people go there.

We went over to the mall after that and did a Baskin Robbins run.  This time we both had one of the same flavours, Love Potion 31.  I had the small serving of that and a big Temptation Island.  The special at BR at the moment is a “Yuki-Daruma” or something like that, so you get a big scoop and a small one.  F had Love Potion 31 and Strawberry Cheesecake.

We came home for a while so F could catch up on his computer and the Olympics.  I took a little nap, but got up after 30 minutes or so.  I expected we’d go for dinner soon, but F didn’t move from the couch. We didn’t leave until 7:30 and then he was all grumbly about the restaurant.  

We went to an Udon restaurant and I had salad udon.  It was pretty good, and just what I wanted in this heat.  F also had a cold udon dish, not sure if he liked it or not.  He wanted to go to this restaurant for lunch, seemed upset about going there for dinner.  I don’t understand him, really I don’t.

We bought groceries and then came home.  He had said he wanted to go out for a walk so I got changed and waited for him.  And waited more.  He didn’t shift himself until 9:50, which was crazy.  It was really late to go out for a walk.  

Sadly, it wasn’t a great walk tonight. We did talk about a few things but towards the end I asked about speed and he said it wasn’t fast enough.  I sped up.  Still not fast enough for him.  Well, I told him that I can’t start out at a fast speed, I need to warm up so that I don’t get injured.  I was told that he’d just go alone.  Frankly, that might be best.  I need the alone time for myself. I’m so tired of his need to be with me all the time.  I thought that we were walking to spend some time together doing something, but if he’s not enjoying himself, there really isn’t much point.  He’s not talking to me and I really have no wish to go out at 10 at night walking.

Oh, yes, and of course we bought ice cream.  Get home and it was put on the coffee table for me, which is mostly fine.  I pick it up and it’s completely melted.  It’s a kind that is self contained so it will be fine, but I threw it in the freezer.  I didn’t want cold milk!
That was about it for my day.  It was alternatively nice and sucky! I did manage to do a little bit of crochet tonight, and I finally started one of the new colours that I bought.  Yay for that.  

Anyway, tomorrow night there is a festival in town, so we might walk along and see that.  Or not. I’m not really sure.  It depends if F gets home early from work and if I get dinner ready early. 

Come back later and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: