August 17, 2016

Wednesday - Rainy and humid

An okay day, sort of!

I went to bed fairly early last night and overslept this morning.  I did wake up early and then went back to sleep.  Oh well.

F didn’t come home at all during the day and honestly, it was a lovely change.  I hope I don’t sound too horrible to say this, but I don’t always enjoy his “visits” home.  If he comes home from lunch I am in his way and if he pops in from work he gets in my way.   However, I knew he had to drive a lot today and there was a typhoon passing through, so I was a tad worried about him.

I spent a quiet day by myself and liked it.  I had cards to scan, so I did that, then I took a quick shower and decided to go out to the mall around 5 pm.  I hadn’t had lunch yet, and wanted to have something.

I walked to the mall because I thought that if F did finish work he could either pick me up or join me if he wanted, plus I’d get my exercise in.  When I left our apartment, it started to pour.  I had brought an umbrella, but did get a bit wet.  

At the mall I had my late lunch (Subway) and then I did a bit of walking around and looking at stuff.  I checked out the hundred yen shop. I had been looking for a glass jar to make overnight oats in, but decided to skip it as the ones there were not supposed to be microwaved.  Not much good for me then!

I went off to Doutors and had an iced coffee and a cookie.  I sat there and read my new Journal from my woman’s group.  It was pretty good this time. I was still as happy with my column as when I wrote it, which doesn’t always happen!

7:00pm came along and I didn’t hear from F, so I guessed he must still be working.  I decided to just walk home.  It had mostly stopped raining on the way home, so it wasn’t too bad at all.

I arrived home and there was no car in the parking space, but the washing machine was going.  Huh?  So, he’d made it home but hadn’t bothered to call me and find out where I was?  Not very nice.  

I didn’t know if I should put out the things for dinner or not, so I didn’t.  I wanted to go out and get a few things for the next couple of nights, plus visit the drugstore too for a few things.

F rolled in somewhere around 8 pm and was in a bit of a mood.  I asked him about why he didn’t call me and he said he was too busy. Okay. I asked him if he wanted me to put dinner out, he said no and proceeded to put a pot on the stove for ramen.  I told him I needed some things from the store and the drugstore, so he had a quick snack.  He got stuff out for himself, but when I tried to get my stuff out for myself he got a bit upset. I was in his way. Hmm.  

We went to the stores and got a few things.  He wasn’t terribly grumpy out of the apartment so that was nice. I half suggested going out to eat too, but he ignored that idea, which was fine.  

I got a few things for myself from the store and then we came home.  I offered to put my stuff out for us but he didn’t want it.  He had some raw fish or something, I had lovely pulled pork with coleslaw on tortillas and cucumber-yogurt salad.  

I did my dishes and a few of his too.  He was watching women’s wrestling tonight so I really couldn’t be too upset with his hogging of the TV, wrestling is his sport after all.  However, a little after 11 he went to bed, so I watched Grey’s Anatomy and did a little more crochet.  

I had an idea for dinner on Friday night, but I’m not sure about it.  If I do it, I’ll probably start it tomorrow afternoon and then hopefully it’ll work out on Friday.  

I’m not sure what I’ll get up to on Thursday.  I think you’ll have to come on back and find out.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: