August 22, 2016

Monday - Rainy and hot and humid

An okay day.

I dragged myself out of bed this morning, but it was a tough thing.  I tried to watch my show, but ended up snoozing on the couch.  

The weather was horrible today too.  There were 3 typhoons making their way through Japan.  We were quite lucky here and only had the rain, but other areas had strong winds.  Many planes and trains were stopped and I am just glad that I didn’t have to go anywhere today!

I caught up a bit on the weekend’s TV that I missed and enjoyed it.  I was quite surprised at how much I enjoyed Agents of Shield.  Really fun show.

F didn’t come home for lunch today and I was a little surprised that I missed him!  Still, it was okay.  I managed. 

In the afternoon I had lunch and did some stuff on my computer.  Around 5 pm I started to work on dinner.  Today I made quesadillas so I needed to prep the ingredients.  I got most of them done before F came home, but not quite.  I made some potato salad and left that until the last moment so it would be nice and fresh.  

We had quesadillas with cheese, mushrooms, red onion, tomato and various combos of these ingredients.  We also had some avocado soup from a packet and salad.  Dinner got good reviews and F even did the dishes too for me.

In the evening we watched the rebroadcast of the Olympic Closing Ceremonies and then F went to bed quite early.  He stayed up too late last night.  I watched a bit of TV and did some crochet on my poncho.  I love the way it is looking right now!  

Anyway, that was my day.  The air was so humid during the day that I wore as little as possible!  I used the AC in the morning, then had it off for much of the afternoon, but in order to move around in the kitchen, I needed it on.  It’s been on ever since.


Tomorrow I need to decide what my topic of my next column is and then get on it.  Wish me luck on it.  Come back later and find out how it goes.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: