August 30, 2016

Tuesday - Cooler, rainy and windy

A good day.

I got up this morning in time to see the second part of The X-Files with Michael McKean.  It was quite good, and a bit funny too.  I had a nice breakfast and tea, snoozed a bit afterwards though.

F came home early for a few minutes and had a snack and then left again.  He said he’d be back later, and he was.

I worked on my column and decided to shorten it because it was already getting quite long.  I decided not to cover as many people as I had in mind at the beginning, probably a good thing.  I did finish it.  I haven’t sent it in yet because I want to re-read it tomorrow and see if I still like it!

I had made plans with some friends to meet up tomorrow but sadly they both had to cancel on me.  That’s how it goes sometimes!  They both have good reasons so no worries really.  

F came home a lot earlier than last night, so I got dinner underway for that.  We had some cream of chicken soup, tandoori chicken, salad, quinoa, and leftover asparagus.  It was much better than I thought it would be and I didn’t have to do too much tonight.  Yay. F did the dishes tonight too.

Later on I made us some tea and we watched a bit of TV.  F got up and went to the kitchen, got some ramen out for himself. He sat down again in the living room.  A few minutes later we heard an odd sound, but didn’t think too much of it.  I went back into the kitchen to make myself a second cup of tea and there’s F’s ramen pot on the stove, with the burner on and no water in the pot.  ACK!  It had boiled dry. That must have been the sound we heard earlier.  

I turned off the burner of course and we let the pot cool down a bit.  F still made his ramen and eventually I got my second cup of tea.  I did a bit of crochet tonight as well, and watched something from the DVR.  

The two panels of my poncho.

Here they are next to each other so you can see the differences in the colours.  I've been rolling a dice to choose the colour of each row.  Big fun!

I feel sorry for F these days.  His back is really bothering him, mostly because of the air pressure from the typhoon that is overhead.  We’ve been really lucky here in Tsuruoka, it hasn’t been too bad at all, but the atmospheric pressure is still affected. 

Tomorrow, F is taking his mother to the doctor in the morning and then going back to work in the afternoon.  I thought that I’d be going out to see friends, so I’m a little disappointed.  I might go out and get a haircut or just go out though as I haven’t been out much lately.  It depends on the weather.

Come back tomorrow and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: