September 19, 2016

Monday - Cloudy with scattered rain

An okay day.

I slept in a bit this morning, but finally got up.  It was so dark outside that it seemed like night.  I showered and got dressed.  Then, I decided to change my clothes and wore one of my new things from Saturday.  It was a good idea and I was terribly comfortable all day!

We tried to have lunch at Hyakkenbori, but it was quite busy, so went to Futaba instead.  That was really nice.  I had fish and F had pork for lunch!  We had the opposite of what we usually have.  After lunch, we tried to go for coffee, but the coffee shop was closed.  

We ended up at the Chido Museum to see an exhibit of a Yamagata artist, Y Sugawara.  Surprisingly, I liked his paintings and thought they were rather good. I liked getting up close to see the brushstrokes, but found they were greatly improved from a distance!  I even recognized one of the places in the picture, so yay me. 

We checked out the garden and the pond as usual.  It looked nice and I even got F to take a picture of me.  However, he didn’t tell me when he was going to take the picture so I didn’t smile in any of them.  Sad!


Sort of an OOTD pic.
We went to the coffee shop/restaurant that is next to the museum afterwards.  I had an iced coffee and F had a huge kakigori!  I could have had one, but they only had one made with red beans and I didn’t think I would like it.  The waitress did bring F a small bowl with his kakigori, so he gave me a bit.  It was okay but I really think it was too much!

We came home for a while after our drinks and looked into a tour for when we are away.  I didn’t have a lot of luck so I suggested that F sign up for it instead.  We ended up going for dinner.  

Today we went to the little restaurant near the theatre that we’ve gone to twice before now.  They have reasonable, locally sourced food, with all you can eat rice, miso soup and pickles. I had chicken namban which was a bit disappointing, and F had chicken steak which he quite liked.  I’ve had it before and should have had it tonight too.  

After dinner, we had an hour before our movie started, so I suggested doing our shopping.  We went to our grocery store and picked up a few things.  Tomorrow F is going to do a nabe and on Wednesday I’ll do some chicken.  Yay us.  

We brought home the groceries and then went out and saw Now You See Me 2.  It wasn’t a necessity to see the movie, but F seemed to want to go.  I liked it, but wouldn’t go again, F fell asleep on it at the beginning, but liked it overall.  

We came home and I made us a cup of decaf coffee each and we tried to book the boat tour.  F had to register for it and it sounded odd, so I tried in English.  They kept flipping me into PayPal, which I did NOT want to use, so I gave up on it too.  I looked up other companies, but they were charging exorbitant fees so I told F we’ll try and book something when we get there.  Maybe the hotel or the tour company will do it for us.  


So, that was my day.  It wasn’t bad at all.  F and I didn’t argue, which is sort of amazing. We didn’t do a whole lot of things, but it was nice to have a bit of a lazy day for a change.  Come back later and find out how Tuesday goes.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: