October 12, 2016

Wednesday-Cloudy and cool

A good day.

I slept in late today, but so did F.  He had a half day off from work this morning, so we took advantage of it.  He went to the doctor’s office in the morning and then came home again.  I suggested going for lunch, so we did that.

We went to a fairly new place near my dentist’s office.  It is a former bento shop that now has a tiny restaurant.  It wasn’t quite as busy as it was last time we went, but it was busy!  We sat at the counter.  I had a steak donburi and F had the roast beef one.  His still looked raw, but that’s how they serve it around here.  Lunch was good.  F brought me back home afterwards and we still had a few minutes to relax before he went back to work.

In the afternoon I unpacked my suitcase and tried washing my jeans and my new jacket.  On Monday in Niigata I got bird-bombed.  Oh yay.  I didn’t notice until I saw my reflection in a window….don’t know how, but the bird got my jacket, jeans and shoe, missed my head though.  Whew!

I had a bit of a lazy, getting back to normal afternoon. I watched some TV from the DVR and then at 5ish I headed into the kitchen.  I washed a few dishes and started getting dinner prepped.  I was trying a new recipe so had some things to do.  It turned out very well.  I did a one-skillet balsamic chicken and vegetables and was just about as easy as the recipe said!  I also cooked some quinoa and had F bring us a salad from the shop so dinner was nice.

F did the dishes and for some reason in the evening, I decided to make an apple crumble.  F was being a tad annoying because he was watching something on his computer (loudly) and watching something completely different on the TV (loudly).  I couldn’t think and it was bothering me.  I grabbed my iPod, put on some tunes (loudly) and danced my way through making my apple crumble.  Win-win for both of us!

I baked the crumble and it turned out quite well. I did burn the top of it a little, but it is hard to get that right in the little microwave oven that I have.  F and I each had a bit and it was very nice.  

After my baking was done for the night, I wrote a letter and watched my TV.  It was very quiet  around here, but nice to get back to normal.  

I’m not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow.  Come back and find out!  Until tomorrow….

No comments: