October 20, 2016

Thursday - Rainy and cooler

A good day.

I had a very quiet day today, for the most part.  I didn’t go out, didn’t do too much, but I did accomplish a couple of things I needed to get done.

In the morning I of course watched The X-Files, but snoozed a bit on The Dome.  F called me, a thing that happened a lot today! I made the bed, got dressed and a few minutes later F came home with his bento for lunch.  It was the first time he’d been home for lunch all week so I really should have been happy to see him, but I find that when he’s home I don’t get anything done at all.  

After he left, I worked on my packing for my trip.  I think I have everything sorted out.  I probably should pack a hat just in case it gets colder, but other than that, I think I’m okay.  

I was just thinking about lunch at 2:00 pm when F came home as he had time before his driving gig.  The people he was driving were in an office nearby and it didn’t make sense for him to go back to his workplace.  After he left, I had my lunch.  I put together an awesome chicken/taco salad thing.  Seriously, the thing was amazing!

I watched an episode of Once Upon a Time off the DVR over lunch and then cleared a couple of other shows off too.

Around 5, I did the mountain of dishes and then put a few finishing touches on dinner.  I grated cheese and washed tomatoes, I plated a few things too.  F came home and immediately started to watch wrestling from the the Olympics which I think was over two months ago.  I wasn’t best pleased when he didn’t come to the table when I asked him to.  I kept my cool however, and I made my own taco and started to eat it and didn’t nag.  
He came and we enjoyed dinner.

He didn’t do the dishes tonight, but he was tired and I didn’t care.  I know if I do them, I don’t have to re-do them later!  There weren’t many tonight as I didn’t really cook, I just reheated.

Later on, F went for a walk and then took a bath.  I watched Bones and I think I finished crocheting the two panels of my poncho.  I’ll measure them tomorrow to make sure.  Then I’ll probably have to start darning in the ends.  Oh no! I also wrote up three cards for postcrossing.  I’ll have to send them tomorrow.

That’s about it for me.  I have the heater on tonight. It isn’t terribly cold, just a bit chilly and the floor is quite cold.  I’m comfortable with it on.  


Come back later and see what I get up to.  There is a slight chance that I won’t update tomorrow night as I’ll be travelling on Saturday and won’t be around for a bit. If you check and I’m not here, don’t worry! Probably, until tomorrow….

No comments: