November 25, 2016

Friday - Cool and rainy

A good day.

I overslept this morning again, and it was quite bad.  I had no idea what time it was until I looked at the living room clock.  Yikes.  I had a very late breakfast and then got on with my day.  

In the afternoon I did a few good things.  I did a couple of loads of laundry and also put away some of the dry clothes from before. I scanned some cards and caught up on my internet stuff.  

F had said that he’d be late today so I didn’t start dinner until almost 6 pm. He phoned at 6:30 to say he was coming soon.  That isn’t really late in my book!

Still, I was busy.  Today I cooked quite a bit. I did garlic pork, stir-fried Asian eggplant and roasted brussels sprouts and sweet potato.  When we finally sat down to eat at 8 pm, most of it vanished!  It was all really good.  There was only a little bit of eggplant left, sad to say.  

F did the dishes and then I asked him if he’d like to walk with me to the post office. I hadn’t had a chance to go out and mail my cards yet.  He said he would, so out we went.  After I mailed the cards, I suggested walking to the convenience store. I wanted to buy a cup of something hot. I know I could make it at home, but it’s nice to have something made for you!  I got a hot tea and a carton of darjeeling/green apple tea that I haven’t tried yet.  

We came home and I watched a bit of TV, and even made a couple of squares of my baby afghan.  I need to “finish” the squares soon.  I am able to do a couple of squares in an hour, which is good, I’d like to do more though. 

And that’s about it.  F is snoozing on the couch but it is really, really late and we both need our beauty sleep.  Tomorrow I’m hoping to take F out for a movie for his birthday and maybe do a little Christmas shopping, seeing as how it is only a month away!  ACK!


Until tomorrow….

No comments: