November 29, 2016

Tuesday - Rainy

A good day.

I got up this morning, had some granola and yogurt and coffee for a change.  I had a quiet morning on the couch, and then started shaking a leg before noon.  I took all of the Christmas presents that we have bought so far and put them out on my bed.  I wrote them and their costs down, mostly so that I could’ve that information when I send the parcels.  I also identified where I need to fill a few holes in my present giving too.  

I also laid out the squares I have made so far for the baby blanket to see how it looks.  I quite like it, although I’m not convinced it is really great for a girl.  I hope so!

Arielle's Square Blanket
from
Deborah O'Leary Patterns 
Closer up!

In the afternoon, F came home for lunch and then went off again.  I spent a couple of minutes cleaning up after him.  I also spent some time on the computer doing a few things.  

I started cooking around 5 today and decided to NOT make one of the dishes I had thought about making.  I was making a couple of dishes already, adding a third one that was a bit labour intensive didn’t seem like a good idea.  I might cook tomorrow…if I do, I’ll hold it off until then.  I think it’ll work nicely.  

F came home and was very tired as usual.  He did come over when I let him know that dinner was done, which surprised me.  Tonight we had Buta-Tama-Kimchi, stir-fried brussels sprouts, quinoa and salad.  F added on rice and some mentaiko for some reason.  I ended up doing the dishes too.  F noticed, he just didn’t take over tonight.  

I did a bit of crochet on the couch during Criminal Minds and then made some microwave popcorn afterwards.  It was good.  Too good really!


That’s about it for today.  I haven’t decided if I’ll cook tomorrow or not.  I think it depends how things go around here.  If I do, it’ll probably be something like scrambled eggs with a tian and salad, since that’s about all I have left!  Come back later and find out.  Until tomorrow.

2 comments:

Rosa said...

Hi Helen!

I really like the colors and layout of the baby blanket so far. They say that simple graphics and contrasting colors are good for babies' brain development, so that's a plus!

I often learn something from reading about your cooking exploits. Today, I had to google "tian"! I don't think I've ever heard that term before. I guess Americans would say "casserole" or "hot dish" (?). Lol.

Helen said...

Hi there! I'm glad you like the blanket. I do too, or think I will. It will end up having a large white edging, so hopefully will seem more feminine when it's done.

I first saw the idea behind the tian on Pinterest and then realized that it wasn't too difficult and I could make it at home. I made a couple this year and they were really easy and good. One, on Martha Stewart's webpage has a video with it that made it seem really, really simple...and it was! You'll have to read tonight's entry to find out what happened with my cooking tonight!

Thanks for visiting :-)