November 3, 2016

Thursday - Rainy and Cool

A good day.

I got up this morning and watched The X-Files and had some breakfast.  I also made the bed and got dressed.  

F came home from visiting his mother in the early afternoon and we discussed where to lunch.  I suggested going to Bikkuri Donkey!! so that’s where we went.  It was quite nice. F had a salad and a parfait, I had a burger and part of his salad too.

After lunch we did a little shopping.  First up we got gas for the car and then I had a good snoop around the yarn shop.  I didn’t buy anything today, but they had some nice stuff, even though it might be a bit expensive.

We went to the mall for some coffee and then came home for a bit.  At the apartment we had some trouble with the toilet.  Rather than flushing properly, it is filling the bowl.  It hasn’t overflowed thank goodness, but we aren’t sure what is going on.  F went and bought some chemicals for the toilet and he put some in the toilet and then we went out.

I wanted a place that we could spend some time in, if not any money, so then I thought about Hard-Off, the second hand store.  We had a good hack around and didn't buy anything.  Yay us.  After the store, we went for dinner.  F suggested a Japanese place he took me before and I said yes.  They serve a lot of regular Japanese food like soba or deep fried food.  F had a mixed fry and I had their yakiniku plate.  Mine was nice, F liked his too.

We drove to the movie theater and even though we were very early, went in and just sat around for a while.  When it was nearly time, we bought our tickets and I bought the popcorn and drinks.  We went in and watched The Beatles: Eight Days a Week - The Touring Years.  I really enjoyed it, I think F did too.  We talked a little about Beatlemania on the way to the grocery store.  F told me about the way people in his family acted when the Beatles came to Japan. It was a bit scary!

We bought a few groceries at the store and then came home via the gas station for some kerosene.  F brought in the fuel, I put away the groceries.  

I watched a little TV, and I caught up on my email reading.  F went to bed fairly early tonight.  I think I'll join him soon as I'm quite tired.  


Come back later to find out how my Friday goes.  Until tomorrow....

No comments: