November 5, 2016

Saturday - Sunny and then rainy

An okay day, considering…

After the histrionics of last night, you’d have thought that my day would have been horrible, but it turned out much better than I thought it would.  

I slept most of the night on the couch and then went back to the bedroom around 5 when F got up and did something in the kitchen.  Around 9am I was awoken by F saying that he was going to take me to the doctor.  Okay fine.  I had showered last night before going to bed so I didn’t have to do that this morning.

We drove to the doctor’s office and of course there was no parking, so he told me to go in and tell them I was there while he waited for a space to come free.  I did, although I didn’t really know what I was doing.  As I knew I would, I had to wait hours to be seen.  We were there around 10 am, I didn’t get seen until 11:30 or so, and that for all of 5 minutes.  I got some medicine too, which seems to be working mostly, so that is good.

We went for lunch on Ginza-dori and I had pasta, mushroom and chestnut cream pasta, and F had shrimp pilaf.  He didn’t like his, mine was my second time having it and I loved it!  

We were on our way home when we drove past the Chido Museum.  They had a new exhibit of local female potter works, so F drove us in to see it.  I was rather surprised, but didn’t mind.  We had a good time at the exhibit.  There was also a display of old style Japanese paper dolls which was kind of cool, with an older lady who explained everything.  I’m sure she thought I was a tourist, but it made her happy and I did enjoy it so no problems.  We went upstairs afterwards to look at the pottery and quite enjoyed it.  They had some for sale, and I tried to find something that I liked enough to buy, but I’m picky and didn’t really need anything so left empty-handed.  

We came home.  I made us some tea and then went and took a nap.  It was a nap that turned into a sleep.  I got up just before 7.  I was surprised that I’d slept that long. I was ready to go for dinner at that stage, but F wanted to watch a Pacquiao fight on TV.  He watched it and afterwards said it was a repeat.  Hurrumph.  If I did that I’d never hear the end of it. 

It was almost 9 pm by the time we left for dinner and I was a bit hungry.  Earlier, F had asked for Gyudon, but I suggested going to Gusto instead.  I think it was a good choice.  I had a salad with a hamburger and avocado in it, F had a big Japanese type meal with oysters and we both had drink bar.  

We were there for a couple of hours.  We came home around 11:30 and I made some vegan French toast.  I had some aquafaba in my fridge and I wanted to use it up, so I made French toast.  It was quite nice, not perfect because of the bread, but okay.  

And that was about it.  I watched tonight’s Scandal and Project Runway and enjoyed them both.  I’m not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow.  F has to go to his mother’s in the morning and in the evening, but I believe that I’m free.  Oh yippee.  

Come back later and find out what exciting things I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: