December 18, 2016

Sunday - Rainy but warm

A quiet but good day.

I slept in quite late this morning, even later than my usual Sunday sleep-in.  I did wake up earlier and thought about getting up, but I was tired and didn’t feel all that well.  So, I went back to sleep.

When F came home, I did get up finally and we talked a little about our day.  Since neither of us had any plans and were both achy, I suggested going to the Internet Cafe for some massaging chair action.  F’s idea was to go there and have lunch as well. I got dressed and off we went.

However, we got to the Internet Cafe, and there was no parking available at all.  We decided to go and have lunch somewhere else.  Coco Ichibanya was nearby, so I suggested there.  We went and had a spicy soup curry for lunch.  It was good, but spicy.

When we went back to the Internet Cafe, there was a parking space.  Even better, there were two massaging chairs available. We were there for the next 5 hours or so.  What did I do?  I watched some YouTube, did a lot of crochet and drank many free beverages.  

After a while, we left.  We had dinner at Bikkuri Donkey!! and it was okay.  We wanted something lighter, but the place we thought about wasn’t open tonight.

We got a few groceries at the store and then came home.  I did a bit of lesson planning and then went over to the couch for Downton Abbey.  It won’t be on again until the new year.  I’m glad, I don’t want to miss it.  

And that was about my day.  It was rather good.  I did at one point say to F that I felt like I didn’t see him at all today! That was a bit sad!

Anyway, tomorrow I’m back to my regular schedule.  I have one more lesson to plan for this week and a bit of catch up work around the apartment.  Will I get it all done?  Doubtful!  Come back later and see what my day is like.  Until tomorrow….


2 comments:

Orchid64 said...

I had never encountered Bikkuri Donkey in Tokyo, though some searching revealed there was one in Shinjuku that I just never noticed. I looked at the menu and the portions are gargantuan. I wonder if they'd let you order from the kid's menu in order to get a smaller amount. Their meal sizes are a lot more palatable at about half the adult size!

It does seem pretty limited though as it mainly seems to only do "hamburg steak" (Salisbury steak) and not much else besides what look like typical frozen food dishes (chicken nuggets, fries, etc.). That being said, they have some sort of light waffle and chocolate cake dessert plate which I'd find hard to resist!

Helen said...

It's funny that you think the portions are gargantuan. The things that I usually order have size options, and I always order the smaller size, so don't really worry about it. I never order any of their dishes that come with rice so they are always worried and check to make sure I don't want rice. I don't! It's one of the only places I've ever seen that puts pineapple on it's burger, so that's usually what I have...a pine-burg steak, 150g and sometimes I share a salad with my husband.

I don't order a lot of the bigger food there because I'm counting calories and with the rice and other things, I just couldn't eat them. Sometimes they have some nice lunch options and they have an extended lunchtime too, which is good for people like me on weekends!

I rarely order desserts there, but the times I did, they were very enjoyable. The desserts do look good, but recently my milk allergy has become worse, so I try very hard to avoid things like ice cream.

I quite like Bikkuri Donkey really. The interior decorating is fun, the food is pretty good (even though I agree with you that their menu isn't varied) and it isn't extremely expensive....Never looked at their children's menu to be honest!