December 8, 2016

Thursday - Sunny and Warm

A good day.

I got up very early this morning, before 6 am to be honest.  I woke up and checked my phone, I had two messages.  Since one of them was from the person that I was meeting today, I had to read it and did so.  I thought she might be cancelling, but she wasn’t.  I went back to bed for a few minutes, but my alarm woke me up a bit after 6 and I got up and took a shower.

I put on the heater after my shower and F got up too.  He got dressed and we left.  He dropped me off at S-Mall and I took an earlier bus than I was originally planning.  I realized that I wouldn’t eat much anyway at this time, so paying a hotel’s fee for breakfast didn’t make a lot of sense.  I took an energy bar with me and a bottle of water and that was enough.

The trip to Yamagata was fine.  I snoozed a lot on the way, also listened to a couple of podcasts and some music. 

In Yamagata City, I got off at the train station and did a little shopping and then met up with my friend.  We did a little Starbucks and then met up with another person in our women’s group and went off to have lunch together.  

We had a lovely time at the restaurant.  I had pasta and it was yummy!  It was shrimp and avocado genovese, and it came with salad, soup, and a few little delicious things.  It also had dessert and a drink.  I gave away my matcha ice cream because I don’t like matcha and it’s made out of milk! I still had other desserts though, so it wasn’t a bad thing.

In the afternoon, the person who lives in Yamagata dropped us off near a big tea shop and she went off to work.  My friend and I bought some tea and then did a bit of sightseeing.  We visited the former prefectural office and toured around it for a bit.  After that, we had some tea or coffee and a little cake at the coffee shop in the building.  We caught a bus back to the station and went back to Starbucks!  My friend had to catch her train and after a bit more shopping on my part, I caught my bus.

The bus back to Tsuruoka was a bit busier, but I still managed to get a seat to myself.  I snoozed, read, listened to podcasts and music, and enjoyed myself.  

When I got to S-Mall, my husband wasn’t there.  I checked my phone and got a picture of Tsuruoka TRAIN station from him.  I texted him to say I was at the BUS station, and he said he was there too.  I went into the building and there he was!  He really did go to the train station first, but realized that I wasn’t going to be on the train.  

We went to Gusto for a quick and actually pretty good dinner and then did a little grocery shopping.  I got some things for dinner tomorrow night.  

We came home and had a quiet night in.  I watched Bones and did some crochet, and then came back to my computer.  So that was it!  My day today was really great.

Yesterday was good too.  Briefly, I met another friend and we had lunch and vented about our husbands before seeing Bridget Jones’s Baby.  We laughed a lot at that movie.  It wasn’t the best ever, but was just what we needed.

F said he wasn’t feeling well last night, so barely ate anything at dinner, and of course was too sick to do dishes.  I did them and then we had a basically quiet night at home.  I went to bed just after midnight because of having to get up early today.  

So, you are now up to date!  Come back later and find out what I get up to next.  Until tomorrow….


wespeakjapaneseandenglish said...

Thanks for meeting me there! I had fun. It's interesting to read about our day in your blog. lol

Helen said...

You are very welcome! It was fun, wasn't it? Even though I've lived in Yamagata-ken for a long time, I rarely go to Yamagata City, except in transit, or now to Costco!

Sometimes, if we are going to Sendai near a national holiday, if we can't get a hotel room in Sendai, I'll book one in Yamagata because they are rarely sold out. It's about two hours to Yamagata for us, and about 2.5 to Sendai, so might as well go to Sendai if we have the chance.

Thank YOU for visiting my blog :-)