January 11, 2017

Wednesday - Snowy and cold

An odd day.

I got up this morning a couple of minutes late, but watched my show, had breakfast and my tea anyway.  F popped in for 20 or 30 minutes around 10am.  I have no idea why he does that. He did say that he wouldn’t be able to come home for lunch because the roads were terrible and it would take too long.

In the later part of the morning I made the bed and got dressed.  I spent a bit of time in the tatami room again working on my squares.  I steamed all but two of them. Today I worked with graph paper, so it went a little faster.

I came back into the living room and had a very late lunch, then thought about dinner.  I thought that the avocados were just about ripe, so I decided to cut them open and make guacamole.  If they weren’t quite ripe, I’d made something else for dinner.  They were okay.  I think I could have left them another day, but really I was quite pleased with them.  I made up some guacamole.

When F came home, I asked him to clear the table for us to sit on the couch.  Unfortunately he thought I meant the whole coffee table so he wasn’t happy with me.  I just meant enough to eat at! I put out the food and he disappeared into the bedroom, said he wouldn’t come.  I started to eat my dinner and a little later he did come out.  He didn’t eat a lot though.

He went back to bed after a little while and I put everything away and did the dishes.  Sigh.  He came back out when I was nearly done and put on a movie.  It was the same movie we saw a day or two before so I went back into the tatami room and did the last couple of squares.  I also tried to lay out the long table runner I made for my sister, but think I have to rethink it.  I think I’ll need to wet block it and give it a bit of a wash first anyway.  I pinned a small section of it out though and it looked good…but don’t know if I could keep it up.

I came back to the living room for a couple of TV programmes and some tea. I made yet another square and finished another one tonight.  I need to lay them out again tomorrow and see how they are looking and how I’m going to join them together.  I hope I don’t have to make a bunch more squares as I’m almost out of brown yarn.  Sigh.

And that’s about it for my day.  It was a quiet but not really good day.  F is having hard times with his back and things at work aren’t going that well either.  The snow that we got today isn’t helping with anything.  I knew it had to come sometime, just was hoping that it wouldn’t! 

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to come back tomorrow and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….


Rosa said...

We also had avocados for the last couple of nights (guacamole night before last and avocado pasta last night). There were beautiful avocados for darn cheap (5 for $4) in the store so I had to buy some. I thought: Avocados in winter! We are spoiled!

Will you post pictures of your finished project? I imagine it's quite an undertaking if you've spent several nights just blocking squares!

Helen said...

Our avocados came from Costco. The last bunch I bought there I only had one ripen normally, the rest never did. The avocados in the regular stores here are much too soft to buy. They are quite horrible actually!

I have posted a few pictures of the squares along the way, but I will try and take a picture of them laid out again soon. I am still making squares so I may have to block a few more, it depends if I can make enough to make the blanket bigger or not.

Thanks for visiting :-)