January 12, 2017

Thursday - Snowy and cold

An okay day.

I got up this morning and did my usual tea and breakfast thing over Nikita…the show de jour.  Afterwards, I watched something on another channel before going back to my other show.  At 11:30 I turned off the telly, got dressed, made the bed and went out into the building lobby and did the sweeping.  F came home for lunch and was quite surprised when I bade him a cheery hello from the stairs!

He ate his lunch and while he did that I laid out my squares on the bed.  They look so much better after being blocked!  They lie flat and they are almost exactly the same size.  Yay me.  I did a little bit of figuring out tonight though and I’m not going to have enough brown yarn to make enough complete squares.  I do have a couple of cunning ideas however.  I think I might do partial brown squares or all cream squares on two sides of the blanket to make it a square again.  I think it’ll look good.  I hope.



In the afternoon I actually had an early-ish lunch (for me) and then did some computer stuff.  I also did a little bit of texting fun with F.  He was waiting for someone at work and was in the car.  He can’t do anything or go anywhere, so he texted me.  

I went back on my computer for a while.  I also watched a movie that I dvr’d a few days ago, but I didn’t like it much.  It was a Transporter film, but not with Jason Statham.  It was kind of boring in a way.  

I watched the news and got a good start on dinner.  I parboiled some potatoes and cut up the broccoli.  I had a few ingredients ready.  When F came home, he immediately started to complain about his eyes being irritated.  This continued for hours.  I opened the window and turned on the fan, but it didn’t seem to help much.  

I was making a vegan curry dish and I was wondering if he was having a reaction to one of the spices in it.  It had cayenne pepper, nutmeg, allspice, curry powder, and a few other things.  It didn’t bother me at all, so I didn’t know what was happening.  Afterwards, looking at the ‘net, I came up with a theory that since he is a bit dehydrated and has dry eyes, whatever irritated him didn’t get washed away in tears like it normally would. I didn’t blow the spices around and I didn’t spill any, so I’m not really sure what could be the problem.  

We had our dinner, with some leftover tortilla chips from last night, plus some store naan, salad and Korean nameru.  I really liked it, and told F that he’s getting it for dinner tomorrow night too.  

F said he’d do the dishes, but a little later, and he did.  Hurray for that!  I requested before dinner that we go out for a bit.  I hadn’t been out of the building all week and I really wanted to go.  We had to wait until a good point in his TV show and then he wouldn’t leave until almost 9 pm.  I wanted to check that I had been paid and the ATM closes at 9:00pm so I wasn’t too happy with him.  We JUST made it.  In fact, the machine shut down as soon as I took my passbook out.  My money was there, so I was happy!

I bought a few groceries and then I asked that we go to McDonald for a drink.  We went there and had some Royal Milk Tea and shared an order of curly fries.  They were good, but not good for me!

We came home again and I watched Bones and did a little crochet.  F took his bath and eventually went off to bed.  

So, that was about it for my day.  It was okay, except I’m still not sure what bothered F’s eyes.  I may never know.  Tomorrow I don’t really have any major plans, but I am thinking of firing up my shredder and getting the big bag of paper I have been filling cut up.  I don’t need to leave the house now, but I might want to if I feel like a walk or something.  It depends on the weather.  


Come back tomorrow and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

2 comments:

Rosa said...

For some reason, I had it in my head that you were working on your sister's table runner--but it's a blanket! (Of did the table runner get out of hand and decide it wanted to be a blanket now?) Looks good! I think if you move the one brown square on the far right to the "hole," then you can just say it's got a snake-bite edge or that it's the blanket that will never need turning down. Lol :)

I feel for F is he has an allergy that irritates his eyes. Last week I used allspice and smoked paprika for the first time in years and my face turned red and puffy after I ate. Could be one spice, could be the other--or could be something entirely different. Sigh! I guess both spices are off the menu from now on though.

Helen said...

I'm basically done with my sister's table runner, but it does need to be blocked. It's really long though, so it is difficult to do that here. I need a long area that won't be disturbed for a while.

I have enough of the brown squares made to fill the holes, and lots of the cream yarn to make more squares. so I can square it off properly! I think all the blocking was actually worth doing.

I'm really hoping that F isn't actually allergic to anything. I think it is his dry eyes. The spices were quite strong and he didn't have any problems with eating the food, it just seemed to be in the air. He seemed better this morning. I used both of the spices that you mentioned, allspice and smoked paprika in this dish along with a lot of other ones. Hmm.

Thanks for visiting :-)